AMSv4.3 Released

For Squeeze you should not need to manually adjust any port be it 9000 or 9001.

In the Player tab of the Solution Dashboard there is an additional setting added to assist some routers in finding the Player, this has been added because in some countries the supplied routers were not able to access Squeeze via hostname resolution

If you have been experiencing issues with Squeeze / Squeeze+Roon, select IP Address as the method.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood & was only trying to help. However just out of curiosity I tried Squeeze auto & indeed the solution page blocked pop-ups at first.

But just messing about for two minutes on my Mac & with private relay turned off, I quickly set Safari to allow pop-ups for Antipodes Audio & the IP addresses of both the server & player & it now works absolutely fine.

I’ve tried it numerous times, shut down & re-started the MAC & experienced no difficulties whatsoever. Indeed it’s playing now.

But being as Kenny’s suggestion of setting a bookmark works too & also allows pop up blocking to be left on when using iPad & iPhone, why not just do that? It’s not as if you exactly need to spend much time in the solutions page.

I’m off back to Roon now though. :wink:

2 Likes

There are a couple of issues being experienced by Apple users.

1/ The Solution Dashboard is not able to be opened unless Pop-Up is enabled when launching the Solution Dashboard from Antipodes.audio

2/ Squeeze “PLAY” button does not launch Material unless Pop-Up is enabled.

So are we experiencing #1 or #2 or a combination of #1 and #2 together?

Looks like #1+#2, currently we are working with Apple on the compatibility issue for users for these two buttons

1 Like

I get #1 and #2. I use a mixture of devices, Ipad pro 4th gen (iOS 16.2), ipad air 3rd gen (iOS 15.7), iphone 13 pro (iOS 16.2).

Hi Mark, as I do not use HQ Player, will I be missing anything if stay at AMS4.2 and do not update to 4.3?

Yes, you are missing out, it is always best to keep your server up to date.
However, this whole Apple ecosystem issue, is a bugger, so perhaps wait until 4.3.1 is released, which won’t be far away.
But if on Android and windows rock on.

Noted and thanks Mark. Will wait for 4.3.1. Hopefully, with this version, the Apple issue will be resolved.

Issue rectified overnite re pop up, please check your browsers

Thank you, excellent news and a great response!! Just to clarify are we checking for a pushed out update to 4.3?

No pushed out update from Antipodes.
Please check your browser and your access to AMS and Squeeze.

Appears to be fixed. Thanks. Edit - Play button for Material still requires PopUp to be enabled.

I’m not quite sure what has been fixed.

1/ The Solution Dashboard is not able to be opened unless Pop-Up is enabled when launching the Solution Dashboard from Antipodes.audio - YES, I can now open the Solution Dashboard from Antipodes.audio when using Safari on my iPad.

2/ Squeeze “PLAY” button does not launch Material unless Pop-Up is enabled.
NO this does not appear to be fixed on any of my iOS devices when using Safari.

I’m a mac user and updated just now to v4.3 with no problems (very quick and took less than 5 minutes).

Great work Mark (and the rest of Antipodes) :+1:

3 Likes

I see there’s now a v4.31 update available. Is this to address the Apple issues some were experiencing?

I have got major issues.

System stopped working. HQ Player could no longer detect network back end. I thought a forced upgrade perhaps caused some incompatibility issues so decided to upgrade AMS. CX updated to 4.3 and rebooted. I then tried to upgrade the EX, but I can’t open it from my antipodes.It just times out. Help!!!

Tried rebooting EX and no joy

@Chilli
Yes, also Squeeze update.

1 Like

Thanks Mark, I managed to get a fix by opening myantipodes on a chrome browser. This then let me upgrade the EX. Both on 4.31 now.

Brilliant, that’s awesome.
There is a new version of HQPlayer.
And Squeeze GUI refresh.

1 Like

@Mark, hi, I’ve successfully updated both CX & EX to 4.3. Everything is working fine. However, on the Server and Player setting, each still indicates that there is an “Update”. Presumably this is for 4.3.1. Do I still continue with the update to bring both to 4.3.1 or can I just leave it at 4.3, especially since it is already working fine.

Update to 4.3.1 is recommended.