Loose USB Input

The layout in yours looks pretty awesome. I had only previously seen the other pic you shared. Moving the heat sink allowed them to use the heat sink as a shield between the power supplies and the boards. Nice passive cooling arrangement too.

2 Likes

@jamtown the layout of your K50 is the same as mine, ie with central heatsink. Yours is NOT an older version. It is the current layout. The side heatsinks layout was the earlier version which had to be changed due to parts unavailability. It is easy to identify the later K50 from the rear because it has an optical output.

2 Likes

As NickBacon has pointed out, itā€™s the latest version that has the central heatsink. It also has both an optical output & i2S RJ45 output which the earlier version lacks.

The latest version outputs are as pictured immediately below :-

This is the earlier version with the two less outputs :-

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 10.43.27

Sorry, I unfortunately couldnā€™t find a better picture of the earlier unit on the site & had to look elsewhere, but you can still make it out. :slightly_smiling_face:

I know itā€™s straying a little off subject & apologies for that, but it would actually be quite helpful if the Antipodes site as well as showing information & pictures of current products, also showed the same level of information & pictures of earlier versions of that product. It would probably have helped jamtown with their query for instance.

For that matter Iā€™m not sure why legacy products are removed from the site either. My friend has just purchased a K30 & despite the fact heā€™s not actually receiving it until later this week all information & illustrations of that product have already been removed from the site.

Heā€™s happy enough with his purchase as he specifically wanted two computers in the one box & couldnā€™t stretch to a K50, but itā€™s a bit off that all of that information has already been removed before heā€™s even taken delivery.

Also not everybody can afford to buy new. Iā€™m sure anyone buying a used legacy product would also appreciate information about that product still being available on the website.

3 Likes

@Chilli I agree that Antipodes retaining information on their website for legacy models is the sort of thing that would be welcome (essential) for a manufacturer in it for the long game. I have just had a look and for example dCS and Chord Electronics maintain a section on their web sites with information on all their legacy products.

@MarkCole @antipodes

2 Likes

Likewise, on the Moon Simaudio website I can still find all of the information on the P-5 preamp & W-10 mono block amplifiers I owned a great many years ago.

I bought those units before Antipodes Audio even existed & they were actually discontinued way back in 2005 & 2006. Fabulous amps for the day & with a massive 1.4 KW into 4 ohms the W-10ā€™s were absolute beasts.

I canā€™t imagine that Antipodes donā€™t still have all of the relevant information easily to hand from all their previous products, so it surely shouldnā€™t be too hard to add it back to the website. I wouldnā€™t have thought that to be too much of an ask.

1 Like

Chill guys,
Sorry for also being off topic (loose usb input) but from this forum I learned only a few days ago from Antipodes that K30 is discontinued. So sales documentation has to be taken away. Website probably has been recently updated.
If you like to propose an online documentation of older Antipodes models, and I think thats a great idea, than this is the place to request such (just open a new subject).
But I think it is not fair to blame Antipodes for not having something they never had.
Both be well and enjoy listening!

Paul, I think we are all pretty chilled and this is not a blame game. We only prod for the benefit of Antipodes and their customers. All it would take is a new section on the Antipodes Audio website for Legacy models where the deleted web pages for superseded models can be loaded. For instance Chord Electronics take the exact same web page they had for when a model was current and simply transfer it over to the legacy section complete with all Technical Specifications, Product Description, Photographs and User Manuals. I think it is a pretty essential aspect of available information for owners and also for potential buyers of second hand Antipodes devices. For all I know Antipodes may already have this on their ā€˜to doā€™ list.

3 Likes

Hi Nick,
Great idea. I am sure Mark will come across these pages. If approved, Antipodes should be able to build this rather quick from the archives. You have my vote!

2 Likes