AMS Update AMSv3.11

You guys are the best. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi. Fab and great to hear. However is it possible for you to give v3.11 another ‘push’ over the next several nights - just for those of use who didn’t see the msg? That way we can leave our APs on - and not need to hassle you asking for help etc. Thanks in advance.

@Stu
In the OP
What if you do not get the upgrade tool?
If you have left your music server on but not received the upgrade tool by 7 December 2021, get in touch with us so that we can get the upgrade started for you. The issue can be network communications issues, or only leaving your music server in standby rather than booted up and running.

Mine simply wasn’t on as I didn’t see the upgrade msg (and sincerest apologies). I suspect people’s lives and all these days - or maybe it’s just me:)

Excellent. Many thanks.

Well, the update was supplied and installed on my S30 with little difficulty. Thanks, Mark!
Sonos was highlighted as a Server as was Roon so I unchecked Sonos.
I was unable to open Roon so restarted both the server and player apps to no avail.
Reading through the responses to the update gave me some clues on the need to de-authorize the S30, exit Roon, log back in, re-authorize the S-30 as the Core and voila! Roon worked.
One issue though which really annoyed me - all of the albums now show up as added today, both stored and Qobuz albums.
I also use Tidal but there seems to be an issue with that atm. I can’t login to it from within Roon or from Tidal itself. I’ll try later.

Anyway, big thanks to Mark and the entire Antipodes team! Awesome work by all.

IanR

1 Like

There does indeed appear to have been a problem with Tidal. I don’t subscribe to Tidal myself, but multiple members on the Roon users Facebook group have been noting the same issue.

Installing new software went like clockwork for me (S40), however at the end of the install I had to restore from backup - which took overnight. Is this normal as part of the installation, or am I missing something?

The new firmwares (intentionally or unintentionally) wipes the system so the simplest solution is when update finished and you restart, click on roonserver setting, reinstall and then when access from a remote devise restore roon from last DB backup. This only takes a few mins and give you a hassle free refresh of the app and library.

Here’s a screen recording if the behavior for more context.

• Squeeze server is tuned off
  • Roon is the only active server app
  • Notice how the squeeze endpoint shows up and vanishes

@Chilli thanks for the reply.
I had to log into Tidal on my desktop and then click on the “open Tidal within Roon” option. All working OK now.
Interestingly, the same issues were not apparent with Qobuz.
Another minor annoyance was that Roon Remote had to be deleted from my iPad and reinstalled before it would see my S30 as the Core.
I just need to remember these steps if it happens again at future update times.

1 Like

@nkbg
Hi there, we are aware of the issue for some of our users.
We are working on a fix.

3 Likes

Everything went smooth for my CX and EX. Now on 3.11 :heart_decoration:

1 Like

Could you let me ( and the forum ) when its fixed and when I can proceed with the update to 3.11 thanks Eli

What are you wanting to be fixed?

You are the one who said you are working on a fix ( of the update ) in an earlier post

Yes, for 705 / 768 Squeeze playback
We are releasing v3.12 overnight to rectify that

3 Likes

Hey @MarkCole

I’ve been away for a while, however I have left both my CX and EX units on. Looking today, the CX did not have an option to upgrade to 3.11, however the EX did I have upgraded the EX

Where do we go from here for the CX

EDIT - I have since received another update for the EX 3.12 but still b=nothing for the CX. The CX is still on 3.1

Thanks
Bill

Hi @MarkCole,

any news on my issue above? I was away when the release happened and I knew of the issue beyond the 7th. I still dont have the 3.11 nor 3.12 options for my CX. Strangely my EX did get the releases.

Thanks
Bill

@cczero17
Please follow the instructions here for remote access support

Antipodes Remote Access Support Instruction Link