AMS Update AMSv3.11

Glad to hear, perfect! Thanks @MarkCole. Does that mean I should receive auto-updates in the future, or will they remain manual?

3.11 was manual so I’m curious if I have to pay attention for updates going forward.

@sorin
Awesome, enjoy the music

The easiest way would be to simply click reinstall rooncore. Then clear cache. Then go you app and restore from you last backup. Takes just a few mins.

OK, the upgrade to 3.11 was fast and easy without a hitch BUT I wasn’t able to recover Qobuz nor my list of radio streaming stations. Amazingly Marc C responded with a short window to access my system and had me up and running within about 10 minutes. I can’t say enough about Marc and Antipodes customer support. Thanks

1 Like

Do I select Material skin in settings in order to use the new skin that you mentioned?
Thanks,
Aziz

If you go to server directory, “open” squeeze, should bring up the interface, which you can then bookmark?

ie as per this showing where to click on open . . .

Tough listening session this morning. The loss of being able to play PGGB-processed tracks with Squeeze lead me back to flipping between MPD and HQPlayer. Recording that have a harder edge are made more difficult to enjoy with these options. Since 3.1 arrived, I’ve found it difficult to pry myself out of my listening chair. That wasn’t the case at all today. I regret that I elected to go forward with the upgrade.

I have no doubt Antipodes will find a solution. I just hope it comes quickly.

@kennyb123 since 3.11 loaded the Squeeze/Squeezelite versions that cannot play 705/768 files I have reverted to playing redbook or using the Chord Mscaler. I must say that with the latest versions of Squeeze/Squeezelite both of these options sound pretty darned good with my DC4 Dave. In fact rather better than that. I would rather listen to that way than use MPD or HQP to play the 705/768 files.

However I miss the PGGB experience and likewise hope that Antipodese can modify Squeeze/Squeezelite so that it can play them. For @MarkCole it might be useful to know that the 3.11 versions of Squeeze/Squeezelite do play the 705/768 files but it sounds as if it is in super slow mo mode. I seem to recollect that when another manufacturer dealt with this issue it was a matter of fixing which part of the file was looked at by Squeeze/Squeezelite to determine the correct sample rate.

Sorry for a lame question, but what PGGB means?
I was a bit disappointed with the sound quality after the 3.11 upgrade. Not sure if it it’s upgrade related or simply due to the fact that I did not switch on digital for several days, but the system sounded edgy.

Not a lame question at all! See this.

All the restarts yesterday could be a factor for sure. Edgy was a good way to describe it.

1 Like

My K50 is sounding particularly sweet, but my friend with an S30 was reporting a very similar experience to yourselves. Oh & by the way, I had absolutely no idea what PGGB was either. :wink:

1 Like

My K50 is sounding excellent, I only hear improvements at each release. I’m a simple user, normal resolution files.

Here in Perth, Aus still waiting to receive the 3.11 update, do I keep waiting?

@Celts88
In the OP
What if you do not get the upgrade tool?
If you have left your music server on but not received the upgrade tool by 7 December 2021, get in touch with us so that we can get the upgrade started for you. The issue can be network communications issues, or only leaving your music server in standby rather than booted up and running.

I have a mix of files on storage, along with a Qobuz subscription. I first heard an Antipodes (CX) player a couple of years ago & despite it sounding far better than what I had at the time, I held off buying one as I deemed the software/set-up to be too user unfriendly. I stuck with Auralic & bought a G2 (I owned 3 Auralic units altogether). However I was never 100% happy with the Auralic sound & largely only stuck with them due to their user friendly nature. They sounded ok off storage but when streaming were always a little flat & un-involving. As a result my Qobuz subscription was pretty much used as an expensive search engine for finding new music. Anything I actually liked I bought & downloaded (I was buying around 20 albums or so a month, but sometimes far more). I tried Antipodes more than once, but it was only with the software improvements (mainly set up) that I finally decided a couple of months back that the time was right to switch. I also convinced a friend to likewise change from Auralic to Antipodes (the one with the S30 I mentioned in the earlier post). I now listen to a mix of stored & streamed music & most importantly they both sound fabulous. I now only buy the albums that absolutely blow my socks off. It’s exactly the same internet set-up, but I can now finally truly enjoy my streaming. As a foot note I tried multiple units from other manufacturers, but always compared their sound to that from the first Antipodes unit I’d heard. The supposed big hitters from Innuos, Aurender, Melco, all left me totally un-impressed. Just nothing compared in a favourable manner to the mellifluous musicality of that first CX unit I’d tried. I don’t think they ever stood a chance really. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Interesting update, I did it on Saturday morning on my Edge and at first all looked like it went very well.
Then it started… it disappeared from Roon as the core and no amounts of reboots could make it appear again.
I ended up having to reinstall the Roon server on the Edge…three times in total as it kept doing the same disappearing act after about 30 minutes of running.

Fingers crossed, since Saturday afternoon and the third reinstall it seems to have been ok.
Forget restoring a Roon backup as well, that caused it to crash instantly!
So just letting it churn through my albums at a throttled pace, only 2000 albums to go…lol

But…as I am using one of the oldest units out there , to even be able to still use it and have it updated to the very latest firmware is a huge plus and shows the excellent commitment of the Antipodes team.

So this post is not a whine in any sense at all, more like just a note of how things went for myself.
Thanks to @MarkCole and Antipodes for a great product and superb support at all times!

1 Like

I have exactly the same “problem”
However I really do not think it is a big deal tbh.
As this update was an auto update, I did not have to search for it.

Hi @TheHammer. You did have an auto-update experience? In my case I did not receive an auto update prompt on my CORE, I had to open myantipodes.com, click “Manage” in order to see an update was available, and then select “Update”.

I agree it is not a big deal to check for updates, albeit having them automatically installed is very much welcomed.

Even through my Antipodes audio site there’s no auto -update experience as such. It’s only upon opening the server or player dashboards that you get offered the chance to update & then only if the appropriate prompt/code has been received. You didn’t actually need to do anymore than anyone else had to. To be honest I find this approach infinitely preferable to updates on my old Auralic units. With them & despite being registered, no warning e-mail or other notification was sent out of an update. Updates were often carried out completely automatically. That’s despite the fact that such updates sometimes required some additional user input after the fact just to get the machine working properly again (such as needing to totally rebuild the library index). You only ever found out when something stopped working & then needed to troll their forum to find out why (& it was far less clear than on this one). I found that approach intensely annoying. At least with the Antipodes approach your equipment doesn’t just stop working properly. Getting a mail-chimp notification of up-dates sent out to all registered users might be helpful, but other than that I’m happy to have the option of only initiating an update when it’s clear in my head of exactly what I need to do.

1 Like