AMS Update AMSv3.12

Indeed, we are working hard to get the Guides Page up.
I’ll pop something together for you

1 Like

In the server dashboard next to the Squezee option click on middle symbol which says ‘open’. This should open the webpage of Material skin. Here you can ‘link’ your Qobuz, Tidal etc. accounts.

2 Likes

This is probably all that is required

Thank you JustGert for providing the answer to my query. Hopefully there will one day be finished guides on the site rather than just under construction banners. I won’t hold my breath waiting though.

@MarkCole I went through the whole upgrade process on my CX/EX and rebooted both machines when asked.
However, when everything restarted, I see the same prompt to upgrade, like it never even happened :slight_smile:
What am I missing?

@alexkrich
Where are you based?
Some countries have been affected by internet issues.
If you are still experiencing this issue, please follow the instructions below for remote access support…

I’m based in the US.
I will request support as the issue is still here
Thanks

If you click ‘Upgrade Now’ it should tell you you are already on 3.12 and the screen will go away.

I wish… It actually going through the whole process for the second time. I will let it finish and then restart again - let’s see what happens.
BTW, I’ve setup an appointment with Support at 6:30pm EST (NY time) but nobody has called me.

Yes, going through the whole procedure for the second time and rebooting after that has solved the problem. I am all set. Thank you!

@alexkrich
Hi there, happy to hear you are up and away.
Just an FYI I did receive your Consultation Booking, but not until after the booking time and your posts, sorry the internet is a strange place at the moment

Ignore, problem fixed!

1 Like

Hi, I am still on 3.1 on CX and EX. Is there a detailed instructions page for upgrading to 3.12? It sounds like a complicated and stressful experience.

Please describe exactly what needs to be done with Roon.
Please provide any passwords that are required.

Will my HQ Player license be preserved, or will I need to request a new key like I did when upgrading to 3.1.

@andrewd

You should get the update in myantipodes if your servers are left on over night.
You should ensure you have a current back up of Roon, which is always recommended even without updates.
No passwords are required.
HQPlayer should remain intact, however we are not in control over how HQPlayer handles its licence.

Thanks. Do I need to sign out of my Roon core before the upgrade?

A good idea, it will be a new core after upgrade

Hi,

Ok so im now up to date with my CX software (strangely my EX had kept up to date), however im now experiencing playback issues.

It seems that, If im not playing music for any length of time (even as short as 10 mins) it wont playback any music when i go to play again in roon. I have to go into my CX dashboard and refresh hqplayer.

Ive even experienced it stopping playing altogether a couple of mins into a track.

Anyone experienced this and know how to resolve it?

Ive looked at the settings in hqplayer and the CX/EX Dashboards and everything looks to be in order

Thanks

Check your HQPlayer license as you may be in trial mode. If your existing key no longer works, you can request another from Jussi.

oh that makes sense

Damn, Ive only got a new key 6 months ago when we got the units back and now we have to get new ones again after the software update?

Cheers

You won’t be charged for it. Just let Jussi know that the fingerprint changed and share the new fingerprint with him. See the About tab in HQPlayer.