AMSv3.1 : sound quality compared to v2.7?

If I had read this earlier, I wouldn’t have had any problems. I updated CX and EX at the same time, as a result of which the operating system flew off with EX. Now EX is dead((((((

I’m sorry Roman! Will it be necessary to send the EX back to Antipodes?

In this context, the following is worth repeating again for other users :

having to update CX+EX to AMSv3.1 I updated CX first to the end (final reboot after the 3rd step) and then I started the update for the EX. All worked fine.

Gianluca

Yes, Mark said that you need to contact the dealer with this problem, I’m afraid it will take too much time.

1 Like

I agree totally, even though I am using the old DX

1 Like

I updated a dx for a friend. He said he didn’t hear much improvement.
I wondered what was going on. I updated his dx from 2.8 to 3.1. It was probably updated to 2.8 by the dealer because he never saw that server/player screen of 2.8 before; at the same time the dx was returned with a new powercord. I remember he was excited about this new cord. I now believe he was experiencing the software update from 2.? to 2.8, and not the new powercord.

My DSGT went from 2.5 to 3.1 (with the help of Mark, many many Thanks!!!).
From 2.7 to 3.1 the improvement was clearly audible to me: it now sounds different, less lively but with more definition and separation and stage depth, sweeter highs and more pressure in the very low’s. Not a subtle improvement. This makes me stay with Antipodes forever :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Updating to the new Roon version was, to me, not so audible.

1 Like

Let’s call it “more analogue” and “natural”. You say less lively but we often mistake a noisier sound for liveliness. I think Antipodes is the king of low noise in digital playback!

Long life to Antipdes!

Gianluca

5 Likes

Hi gkg2k,
You are absolutely right, ‘natural’ is the word! That word also came up with me the first minute I heard the updated DSGT.
A little more lively and a bit more detail, by the way, came through when I unplugged the 230v mains filter. That filter is much needed with my DAC, but I found that the Antipodes sounds better without. That also fits within Antipodes’ philosophy I guess. I’m very careful now with these filters, unplugged it also from my power amp.

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Cables and Associated Discussion