AMSv4 Software Preview - Updated With Guides

Last Friday, my antipodes for K-50 suddenly reappeared with the new software. I did not do anything special but open it up.
The Bitdefender anti-virus did not bother the K-50. I do not what happened, but all is working as was before the update. I have no idea about why the problems occured, but I am happy the problems are done.

As I mentioned to MarkCole, all problems were fixed last Friday without any special treatment. I opened my antipodes, and the K-50 went to work. The Bitdefender anti-virus did not block the K-50. I do not use any VPN.

Mark,

Can you please give some recommended routers?

I am running an Asus RT-AC88U, which was supposedly decent when I bought it, but I am no expert in networks and they are extremely complex things to understand if it is not your day job.

DrayTek, if you purchase direct, you get the full-on support service.

I’m hesitant at this point to go down the recommended router track.
It is a good idea, but then there is the configuration of said router.
Asus are a good brand, without doubt.
I had what I thought to be a great router according to reviews a Netgear R7000 Nighthawk.
I was positive that my ISP had bungled my fibre install, as my speeds were not what they were meant to be.
I complained, they charged me for their ISP router and sent it to me, long story short, installed the new router and immediately doubled my speed and all-round connectivity improved.
So, I guess what I’m saying is that it is a complex beast, as you say.
We are continuing to test and investigate for clients that can’t reach myantipodes from our website, but can still operate from .com
Otherwise 99% of clients are unaffected.

1 Like

I posted some time ago, a link to the Roon Knowledge Base, there are some excellent tips in there, on best practice, DNS and subnets.
Always good to have an understanding of what’s at play.

Understood. It would be nice if antipodes could make some sort of web app where you can test your network before committing to the upgrade. If the app indicates potential problems then an appointment could be booked to do the upgrade with antipodes support.

The alternative seems to be take a chance that it will work and then have a stressfull time without music while waiting for an appointment to resolve the issue.

If you can see your servers from this link…My Antipodes
Then issues are unlikely

1 Like

I’m one of the 1% @MarkCole referred to. I have not been able to access my gear from myantipodes on the website for quite a long while. Since around the 3.1X updates. Likely / possibly my ISP router as I seem to have everything else in order… Hopeful the Antipodes team can help get it sorted. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can’t access my K50 via the antipodes.audio site when using IPv6, or either site when using Apple private relay on my MacBook. I have no problems on either site when using IPv4 addressing & with private relay turned off. This is exactly the same situation I had prior to AMSv4 & absolutely nothing has changed for me.

In practice I use IPv4 addressing & pick up my old iPad to access the dashboards. The iPad is on roughly 50% of the time I’m listening to music anyway & was only ever purchased for use as a remote. Other than now also being used as an easy way to access the dashboard (not that accessing it on the MacBook is exactly hard) it serves absolutely no other purpose.

I’ve been using private relay on my MacBook for quite some time now & have so far had no other issues with its usage other than the above. Although I use Roon (with Squeeze), I’ve no idea if I’d have any issues with my set-up using the recent ARC app as I’ve absolutely zero interest in even trying it.

I’ve got more than enough music files stored in the car for my purposes & other than at home, that’s the only other place I ever listen to music. Being as the car system plays hi-res anyway it’s super easy to copy any files I want across to an SD card or thumb drive.

2 Likes

I have a S30 and with the AMSv4 software every time I reboot it I have to restart the sqeeze player and then there is no music but I have found if I reset DSD handling I have music even though I do not listen to DSD

Sounds very weird indeed, so you are managing the S30 from the Player Dashboard only?
Launching the Squeeze interface from the Player Dashboard?
And you have a SSD installed and added?
And you music is located at storage/music ?
I suggest a remote session, please make a booking here

Hi @MarkCole,

I have S30 running for almost 24hrs now. It’s morning again here (Ottawa) and I have time to trouble shoot the install (if of course).

No update.

I can connect to myantipodes and everything Antipodes.

Did I miss the update timeslot? I’ll wait another 24hrs? Or could there be a firewall/switch/login issue?

Thanks

PS Oh well, that was quick:

Software Update is available!

This update installs AMSv4, a new management interface for your Antipodes.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :ok_hand:

1 Like

All is running perfectly on S30. Easy!

1. I never found it, but can we reboot from screen? or only by touching the button?
  2. previously player only mode is still available? or in AMSv4.0 you choose:

Solutions mode

Server Settings > App pull down menu :NONE
Player Settings > App pull down menu: choice 1 to 6

I will go through the instructions later.

1 Like

There is no software reboot, all reboot is done via the front button.

Hi Mark, been a while, busy and getting to know AMSv4. I run roon server and squeeze player or squeeze - squeeze.
Weird thing is the CX seems to run a bit cooler after this latest update. As if things are running a with a little less effort?

I will book a remote session soon if my work gets a little less busy. We will then check the temperature sensor.

There are a couple of “tidy up” bits to complete, the temp sensor is one.
These will roll out in a small future update, to be confirmed. Will advise once I have the information.

Iam using the S30 from server dashboard and player dashboard and restart the squeeze from player dashboard . yes i have SSD installed ,I only listen to ripped CDs ripped to internal SSD and music is located at storage/music .
I will book a session some time

You do not use the Server Dashboard, the Player Dashboard manages all operations.
Look forward to assisting.