Antipodes Audio AMSv5 Release Information

Very excited for the update, congrats! I have a CX & EX which I use solely with HQ Player with Roon server (Auto)… with HQPlayer Embedded.

I’m unclear what this means for me: HQPlayer Embedded is no longer supported on non-AVX machines, (eg. EX). NAA still works on non AVX.

Is anyone able to comment what NAA is? Sounds like it may be my only option now… :slightly_frowning_face:

@desbiss
In a two-computer set-up, CX+EX, S40+S30, K50 or OLADRA the Server runs HQPlayer Embedded, this can only be run on AVX machines, CX, S40, K41, K50, OLADRA.
The Player runs HQPlayer NAA (Network Audio Adapter) this can be run on EX, S30, DX, and the player boards of K50 and OLADRA as a lightweight network audio adapter interfacing with the DAC.

Long story short, you are good to go.

A point to remember is that we do not set the minimum operating specs for HQPlayer, these are set and developed by Signalyst.

1 Like

Whew! Thanks @MarkCole!! Wasn’t sure if I would be able to keep on enjoying HQPlayer Embedded as I have with my CX > EX > Ayre QB9 USB Dac. Very happy that all will continue working for me!!

Kindest thanks, looking forward to the update!!

With the update to v5.4.0 all v4 HQPlayer Licence holders will need to upgrade to HQPlayer 5 Licence see the following link… Signalyst - HQPlayer Desktop upgrade

1 Like

I purchased a licence for HQplayer v4 16 months ago to use with my CX+EX for $375AUD. I now have the Oladra. If I upgrade to AMS 5, I can only use HQplayer v5 if I want to use HQplayer (which is my preference). The cost to purchase HQPlayer v5 with the discount applied is $420 AUD.

I have emailed Signalyst about this, but I must say, despite being excellent software, it seems like I have been short-changed on the face of it. Is there no option to revert to HQplayer v4 for those of us who only recently invested in a v4 HQplayer licence?

1 Like

As mentioned above, we do not dictate the terms of Signalyst and their software.
From my understanding you aren’t being short-changed as you are buying an upgrade rather than the full version.
There is no way of running any other versions of HQPlayer on AMSv5

Short changed in so far as I purchased a software licence for $375 AUD 16 months ago, that I anticipated indefinite use of. I am no longer able to use that licence if I upgrade to AMS v5. I know this is not Antipodes fault or responsibility. I am disappointed that I have to pay an additional $420 AUD to continue to enjoy HQplayer fully licensed, having only recently purchased a licence for HQplayer 4. It is also the reason I have not upgraded toAMS v5 yet.

2 Likes

Mark, I did not see this instruction until after I had done the update to 5.0 and so I updated the Server first. Is the sequence of updating Player / Server important?

Squeeze with MPD

Looks like on some installations the UPnP plugin has not been enabled.

To enable Squeeze UPnP server go to 3 Dot Menu top right of Squeeze web player, select Server, click the Basic Settings to enable the Drop down menu, scroll to and select Plugins, locate UPnP/DLNA Media Interface (v1.0) tick to include, SAVE Settings

For those Squeeze users who really need Tidal, you can enable Squeeze with MPD and use the mconnectLite App as a solution.

2 Likes

How you doing @NickBacon

Upgrade progressed on an Oladra without any problems.

My only suggestion is that there is some way of knowing when the automatic reboot has completed, or is that confirmed by the ‘Update Completed’?

So far, Squeeze Player with Roon Server sounds better, but this is just using internet radio…critical listening later, including a revisit to Squeeze Server.

Many thanks to everyone at Antipodes for such a smooth process and great update.

2 Likes

My upgrade to AMS v5 stalled at 67% after 1 hr for Oladra. Can I book in a remote session or any process to follow to try again?

Same here on my K50, stuck on 67% on the player upgrade which I’ve upgraded first. The page is continually flicking between the Update in Progress page and an Updated Completed page.

If you get stuck, book a session link below.
Leave window open, machine on…

First try with squeeze server on my k30 and plaayer on my EX the volume was greatly reduced. I’ve seen this before and the alsa mixer needed to be forced to 100%. Is there a comnand fix please? @MarkCole (found it under player settings)

I did have to reboot the K50 after update in order for it to “find” the digital out. I power cycled the DAC first and that didn’t work. I know with AMS4.4 it prompted the user to turn on Antipodes first, then the DAC.

Also flipping through a few of the guides pages took a very long time- I got fed up and hit “skip”.

:boom: :grinning: :boom:
So far so good, took two+ hours. Mine had a new IP address allocated. Look for your updated server with myantipodes.com. (The great looking colorful new landing page does not yet seem to work 100% in Opera that is, MS Edge seems to work fine).

Low speed vs. High speed download
Note that if you have an audiophile switch between router and server which runs at just 100 Mbps you should bypass it temporarily to speed up the large new firmware download.

Mine upgraded the player ok but is saying server isn’t responding after many attempts thankfully I can still play Roon.

1 Like

@Progisus,

At top right of the new Squeeze screen there is a slider for music volume. Suggest you reset to 100% or higher percentage than now being reflected for you.

1 Like

I have downloaded the My Antipodes App from the Apple App Store. One immediate benefit I have noticed is I can now find and connect to the new Player Server management screen even with my VPN on. Previously, I had to turn off VPN if I wanted to connect via Antipodes website or My Antipodes link there.

I also noted that my web addresses for Player and Server have changed. If you were like me in bookmarking your web address and used it to open the connection to the Dashboard, you will want to edit your bookmark address. I edited to use the Player address, but with both Player and Server shown together on the same screen, I would think editing bookmark address to Server will work as well. The bookmark is probably superfluous since I can now access via the MyAntipodes App without disabling my VPN, but I have retained as a just in case scenario.

My update went well. I walked into A/V room to watch a basketball game while update was downloading but would check about every 5 minutes on progress. I did not notice any rebooting on my K50 via light indicators as the updates occurred. I waited about 5 minutes after the screen told me update was completed and wait for full reboot–no light indicators, but connecting via the link to My Antipodes showed the Player was now on AMSv5. I then selected Update for Server and that process went the same with Server then showing AMSv5 as well.

Hope you all have easy and successful process on this for your sakes as well as Mark’s ;-]

1 Like