In preparation for the release of AMSv5.
- Updated Fedora OS
- Updated Third Party Software
- Updated security features
- New Antipodes Dashboard Interface
- New Locking Feature
- New Server App Management
- Improved AMS Updates
- New and extensive changes to backend software logic
- New PHP Dashboard Interface that combines: Solution, Server & Player Dashboards
- New PHP for Update Dashboard
- Updated Fedora OS version 37
- Updated Squeezelite 1.9.9
- Updated Logitech Media Server version 8.3.1
- Updated Skin for Logitech Media Server (Material Skin)
- Updated HQ Player version 5.4.0
- Updated Minim Server version 2.2
- Updated mini DLNA version 1.3.3
- Updated Music Player Daemon (MPD) version 0.23.14
- Updated Plex Media Server version 1.32.5
- Updated Antipodes File Manager 1.2
- Antipodes AMS Onboarding within Dashboard
- Squeezebox server fixes
- Improved PGGB support
- Server and Player settings issues removed
- Improved stable connection with Squeezelite client
- Improved music format support
- DSD Method Switching Improvements
- Better backend management of DSD over PCM, Native DSD, and None
- HQ Player App is no longer available on non-AVX machines
- These machines can still run HQ Player as Player machines connected to Server machines with AVX support
- Refer to Guides on how to set this up
- Old Solution, Player, and Server PHP Dashboards Removed
- LibreSpot (Spotify) Removed from dashboard
- For access to Spotify services use Squeeze and log in using the Spotty Plugin
Go to Antipodes Audio Website click Setup.
Or follow this link to myantipodes
AMSv5 is a large update, it will be available to install via the AMS Dashboard, for two computer devices, please update the Player First.
There is a new update screen, which should remove confusion when upgrading, as mentioned the update is large it will take 30 minutes plus per computer depending on connection speed.
The below video is of the whole update process, no need to watch 30 minutes of the upgrade, but you get the idea.
Once the update has been completed your Antipodes Music Server will automatically reboot, please be patient after the reboot as it takes a few minutes for all the services to complete running in the background, take a breath here.
The first thing of note is the new GUI for the AMS Dashboard, combing all operations to one page, including the new On-Boarding Screen…
All Apps except for Roon (Roon updates Roon) are receiving major version updates, the biggest changes will come in Squeeze and HQPlayer.
Squeeze gets a new Skin which greatly enhances the user experience, we have enabled UPnP on Squeeze Server to enable the use of MPD as a player app combined with Squeeze Server, added as a pre-set.
HQPlayer moves to version 5.4.0, and with this comes major changes in CPU support determined by Signalyst, HQPlayer Embedded is no longer supported on non-AVX machines, (eg. EX, K22). NAA still works on non AVX.
With the update to v5.4.0 all v4 HQPlayer Licence holders will need to upgrade to HQPlayer 5 Licence see the following link… Signalyst - HQPlayer Desktop upgrade
We have developed apps for Apple iOS devices and Android devices that replace the My Antipodes functionality. In future developments these apps will integrate the AMS functionality, and eventually playback options, for a totally seamless user experience, all within the app.
We have released a new website version, you may wish to clear your browser cache for it to display correctly.