Antipodes Audio - Updated Range and Upgrade Program - July 2023

Still feel they easily justified the price. One thing I question are the feet. Although functional they certainly don’t have the bling factor of the expected Oladra feet. I also wonder what the extra components are on the K50 or Oladra upgraded usb board. The usb upgrade is still “the goat”.

There is no difference in USB board between K50 and K30, exactly the same :sunglasses::+1:
In fact all K Sereis get the same USB output, sans K41 obviously.
OLADRA is a double USB board, sending signal to the Re-Clocker.

Kenny, yes just as you say it appears as just one option on the dropdown menu under Network Audio backend (see screenshots of my set up pages). Despite this I am getting music from the BNC output.

Although I wonder if Mark’s words above (“ OLADRA is a double USB board, sending signal to the Re-Clocker”) mean that is why I am seeing what I am seeing on the drop down menu. Any thoughts @MarkCole ?

@NickBacon You have Digital Audio set, so what you are seeing is correct.
Antipodes USB Audio 2.0 is the ReClocker this has always been the case.
If you had USB selected in the Antipodes Solution Dashboard, HQPlayer would see both the USB DAC and the internal Digital so there would be two items to select from.
If you are getting no sound via BNC check your sampling rate, 24/192 will be maximum.
Really if you want to try HQPlayer I would suggest using USB.

1 Like

Who is the dealer?
No Antipodes dealer would say they would offer one thing yet give another, that is highly unethical.
If you are being offered a G4 OLADRA then it is a G4, altho it has to be said there isn’t a lot of G4 stock in the market.

Mark, thanks for the prompt reply which is much appreciated and that explains and reassures that all is normal. Just to confirm HQP is working and I am getting sound out from the Oladra BNC but I was just a bit confused by the USB output indicated in HQP.

Also I have the max HQP output set to 24/192. This is just me playing to see what happens to SQ if I try various things. I am sticking with BNC output from the Oladra because Mscaler (and Dave as it happens) gives best SQ when using their BNC inputs as opposed to USB (yes I have rechecked that with the new usb output from the Oladra 2 and I still prefer the BNC output from the Oladra 2 to the Mscaler or Dave).

On another matter, I have tried using HQP to output 705 and 768 using the Oladra 2’s USB output and taken that through the SRC-DX usb to dual bnc convertor to input into the Daves best sounding BNC inputs and I have come across what was a previous issue of very low volume. This has always before been able to be resolved by accessing the streamer setting as described in the SRC-DX’s shown below instruction but now when I try this I am asked for login details. Unless you have another fix for this is it possible for you to PM the login details so I can implement the fix?

Thanks Mark for the explanation.

1 Like

Hi, I’m in the UK. I placed an order for the upgrade from mk2 to mk3 K50 back in the beginning of July.
@MarkCole Any idea when my unit will be collected for upgrade?

Has anybody else in the UK had their mk2 K50 upgraded?

@terrycym
Hiya, where did you place your order for upgrade?
I have no record, all clients that have filled out the upgrade form on our website here…

…have been invoiced for payment, we are still working thru the list.
If you haven’t received an invoice and paid, please fill in the upgrade form in the link and I will advise.

I placed the order with Elite Audio in the UK. I’ve paid them the upgrade price.
Can you please chase them on my behalf?

I’ve just filled in the form which I didn’t expect to have done as I was expecting Elite Audio to have dealt with this!

Nick, sorry, we can’t let that out, if you would like to make an appointment I can set it for you.
I have discussed this with our developer and will make a change in the next release of AMS to include a Set to Max button, this release is in testing.

2 Likes

Is there a ground plug on the g4 oladra?

@Olly1961 indeed there is and just to prove it here it is on my Oladra G4 (aka Oladra mk2).

1 Like

@MarkCole

It’s entirely possible that what you mentioned holds true when purchasing a G4 device brand new from a dealership, and I want to emphasize that I don’t mean to cause any offense as errors could indeed occur.

However, a specific subset of Upgrade Program (G4) devices will eventually find their way into the second-hand market. This raises the question of how one can determine any modifications to K30s, K50s and Oladra’s made under the hood, aside from the fact that the asking price may be slightly higher.

Having a clear means of identification would be advantageous for both sellers and buyers, helping to prevent misunderstandings and ensuring transparency in transactions.

It’s quite simple, they have G4 in the serial number :slight_smile:
All G4 OLADRA and K50 have Earth posts as a simple visual check.
Likewise no FUSE on the IEC inlet for all G4 models.

3 Likes

What kind of Earth post do you offer? Is it a spade connection post?

@LGA,

Mark posted picture of the Earth post on August 7th in this thread,
https://antipodes.support/uploads/default/original/2X/7/7c7a2b4e2d31c1d449a45ba287d2b9a67b25919f.jpeg

To me it accommodates spade or unterminated wire.

Thanks @worknprogress
NickBacon posted a shot of the rear of his OLADRA a few posts up, image below
https://antipodes.support/uploads/default/original/2X/f/f3636c83bb5d1d03ade47241bcd56b2f7292018c.jpeg
It also enables banana :banana: connection, as well as spade and unterminated wire.

1 Like

Have any of you who have upgraded assessed whether your server is more or less sensitive to a better power cord?

1 Like

Looking to this generous K series upgrade, I am really disappointed to see short-lived S series which suddenly went to end of life and never have any real upgrade path for them. Not sure when S series became stepchildren in your product portfolio???

S series were marketed as a flexible option for people to add parts that they like when system changes or demand. A full loom S40/S60, S30/S60/S20 would cost close to K50 but the outcome of current customers who decided to follow S series route are no future and bad in resell value too.

Can you please do not do this again for supply chain reasons.

3 Likes