Can Oladra output to two DACs?

I want to use alternative DACs, not at the same time.
One connects via Optical, one via USB.
Can Oladra do this?

Yes, but it’s not a great idea to have 2 DACs connected at the same time, from earthing and other possible issues that may affect sound quality.
But clients do have this setup.
All you need to do is set presets up for the Digital Output while retaining the Auto preset for USB

1 Like

Thanks a lot.
I will have a try.

I’m thinking of trying this for headphones, though have an AES/EBU cable instead of USB into the Devialet Amps.

Did this work for you @ICUToo?

The Re-Clocker outputs all connections simultaneously.
So, YES, you can connect two DACs.
If you wish to use USB, you will have to change the output in the Solution Dashboard from Digital to USB, so again you can connect two DACs but not listen to Digital and USB simultaneously.
If I can just qualify this from above, it’s not a great idea to have 2 DACs connected at the same time, from earthing and other possible issues that may affect sound quality.

1 Like

I was thinking @MarkCole that the optical output wouldn’t introduce the earthing issues? If the second (in my case, headphone) DAC were not switched on whilst playing music to loudspeakers via AES/EBU, could that still affect sound quality? I could probably also disconnect the optical cable from the second DAC when not in use.

I know everything matters, so am not wanting to ignore your points, but am also thinking the optical output for headphones might be a really nice option.

Will give it a try in the next few days.

Yep, test it to see, only way to know :nerd_face::+1:

2 Likes

Never used it as too slow switching between inputs when using HQPlayer.
Needing to restart HQP every time was a pain.