Does anyone else use AES3 on their K50 & if so, what cable do you use?

How long did you try each cable?
It’s all about synergy.

I had them all for a few weeks. More than enough time to understand their respective ‘traits’. But in the end, in back to back to back comparisons, it was clear the Valhalla 2 sounded the best to my buddy and I.

Only the MIT MA-X was close but not quite there.

I can attest to crwilli comparison as I was there to listen as well. As a result, I secured a K50 for my system and bought a Valhalla 2 aes digital as well. I use a Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac.
In addition, I just received a Tubulus Concentus I2S. It is too soon to compare, but right out of the box the Tubulus was very similar to the Valhalla 2 with bit more weight on the bass and mids. Both are excellent cables!

1 Like

Hi Robert, where abouts in Australia can we get the Organic AES cable? Thanks

Hi

Sonic Purity in Melbourne are the Danish Agents. Cost $2200 for 1m (good professional dealer)

The Organic copper cable is excellent with a slightly softer sound compared to the sister Argento silver cable (expensive). I also have the Organic Reference speaker cables which are outstanding in my opinion.

I am upgrading my system to Antipodes K22 and have ordered a I2s Audioquest Vodka cable to see if I prefer this to partner my Mola Tambaqui DAC. The Vodka is a silver/copper cable and suggested by Antipodes.

Depending on results I will sell my copper Organic AES cable (half price). I do not like chopping and changing cables. Maybe of interest to you and you will be welcome to try. Otherwise, Sonic Purity is a good starting point, and they have a demo cable.

Cheers

Robert

Should read. " MAY" have a demo cable. (although I doubt it!!)

If you don’t have any luck with Sonic Purity try Terry at GC Audio.
gc-hifi.com.au
Rob

I also have Jorma Digital and I really love it.
Before I have tried:

• Valhalla 1;
  • Synergistic Research Galileo SX
  • Kimber Orchid

Jorma sounds more detailed, natural and greater bass than any other cable I had before.

1 Like

Recently, I’ve been trying a number of AES cables side by side from Oladra to Aries Cerat Kassandra and the results in my tubes/SET amps/big horns system have been interesting.

Starting out with a Blue Jeans cable with Belden wire as a base, the sound was nice and balanced and quite likeable. Nothing really wrong with the sound.

Atlas Mavros Grun was definitely in the same vein but with more of everything: detail, richness, clarity yet still well balanced and of a similar timbre and tone to the Blue Jeans cable.

The Sablon AES with Bocchino connector has a much different sound to the previous two cables. It is much richer, more dense, still well balanced and with excellent clarity and detail to spare. Plenty of flesh on the bones so to speak, but richly textured, sort of like introducing a good tube preamp to a dry SS system. Unfortunately my system does not need this extra density with multichannel SET amps and already using the superb Sablon Interconnects from preamp to amplifiers which have a similar presentation. I can see that this cable will suit a lot of systems seeking more listener engagement and density of sound but in my system it is a bit too much.

Last is the Argento AES cable. Wow! It is a perfect fit for my system. It has a lovely, articulate, textural fleshing to the sound similar to the Sablon but with a density of timbre/tone that is just right in my system. All these cables have a well balanced sound but the Argento just seems more balanced.

For anyone interested, I have the Sablon AES up for sale in Australia.

recently got an offer to trial at home the audiomica consequence AES/EBU Cable. i dont wanna commit my opinion before it settles down, but all i will now say is , that its interesting

Hello Darmstadtium,

Curious about the Audiomica Consequence AES/EBU and how it compared to the Concentus or other cables you tried.
Have you formed any more recent thoughts on this cable?

Blockquote Hello Darmstadtium,
Curious about the Audiomica Consequence AES/EBU and how it compared to the Concentus or other cables you tried.
Have you formed any more recent thoughts on this cable?

Hi
before I answer please note , at this level its very highly system dependant, there’s no one cable better than other, system synergy takes precedence over absolutely everything else.

I am still using the Audiomica cable. with this cable connected,I no longer need the daisy chains of switches,. straight router to k50 with sotm cables with iso cat6 filter between them. and I am quite happy with the sound .
btw do try both the ethernet sockets at the b ack of the K50 , my system sounds better with the ethernet system named diect stream connected to router .

Coming back to this thread. I only offered my experience and of course. It is only my experience with my equipment.

I wasn’t selling anything.

I just noticed the above quote. Interesting - I will give that a try.

1 Like

@kennyb123 Curious to hear if you tried this…assuming @MarkCole it should work okay? Wondering whether to give it a try.

I’ve not tried yet. Totally forgot. Will try this week.