I have recently been uploading and playing music files through the Server App and wondered how capable it is with some fine editing as followa:
If I go to the Album Artists screen, I see pictures of most Artists, but some are blank (even popular ones). If I click on Artist Information - Picture, I see multiple Discogs pictures but cannot drag and drop to the blank space showing up in My Library. Is there a way to add a missing Artist’s picture?
Sometimes, the same band is listed twice in my library, because there is a difference in the capitalization of a word. Can I combine artists by editing one of the entries?
Finally, is there any way to edit a song title in the app or do I need to upload a corrected version that is edited outside of the app?
Hi there what app are you using to view Album Artists? Squeeze?
Squeeze looks up Artist info, have you run a library re-scan?
The multiple entries and song titles can be edited via File Explorer or Finder, however for meta data a program can be used to edit such as Tag n Rename
If you are using Squeeze, I know because I use it. It can be finicky with artist titles etc… The best app I use it Music Brainz. It helps to re tag everything. Like dropping “The” from every band that has “The Beatles” for example. It’s a bit overwhelming at first, but once you figure it out, it really speeds up the tagging and making sure you have album artwork. Good luck !!
So, I have been using iPENG with Squeeze as my primary interface app, but I throught I’d see how well the Antipodes Dashboard Server App would work. It was here I found the picture view of artists, which iPENG does not.
I have been tagging/editing with Perfect TUNES idtag for Windows in Explorer. There I can edit artist names and song titles etc. I can easily continue to do that, but I wondered if the Antipodes app could handle any of this instead of me going to my desktop PC later to do the edits. I’m not sure however how to fix the missing artist/group pictures as this is not embedded in the meta data.
Someone once posted on here a way to do this. I think I recall it involved telling Squeeze to look in a different folder for that artwork and the folder was one we could access so we could add/replace art. Search the forum here.
iPeng uses the artwork located in your music folder and relies entirely on your server to process, index, and serve it.
Server-Side Processing: LMS scans your music folders for files like folder.jpg or cover.jpg (or embedded metadata tags) and builds its own internal artwork cache (artwork.db).
iPeng Caching: iPeng requests these images from LMS and caches resized thumbnails locally on your device (iPhone/iPad) for fast scrolling.
Fixing Missing Art: If artwork isn’t showing up or looks wrong in iPeng, you need to clear caches or rescan on the server side (Clear & Rescan in LMS) or use iPeng’s internal Flush Cache option under settings.
So, if you get art when using Squeeze without iPeng, ie. via web interface then the issue is likely in the iPeng cache, if you get no images then it’s likely in the Squeeze cache.
The joy of iPeng
IPeng does not process any artist images. I only see them when using the Antipodes LMS app. So where do those images come from and how do I create images if there isn’t one for an artist?. I don’t think it is a cache issue as I’ve cleared cache with no change.