Getting Started with Roon 2.0 ARC

I have downloaded Roon 2.0. And then set up the ARC function on my Android phone. There is a message which says your CX is Antipodes CX is not set up for remote access. I am looking to use ARC when driving (currently use Tidal). Can anybody point me in the direction of what I need to do to set up the CX to allow it to be accessed remotely? Thanks in advance

There is a guide by Roon, either you activate UPNP or you set up a port forwarding rule on your router.

In my case UPNP was already activated but could not access remotely, as the guide suggests I deactivated and deactivated UPNP and now it works. I have read on the Roon support forum that some people prefer the port forwarding option as more secure. But this requires to set up your EX on a fixed IP address

Hope this helps

I can’t get either UPNP or fixed port forwarding to work fro me. Pissed off with Roon as I’ve raised thread in support 7 days ago and not one reply from Roon support to-date.

You made need to do a test to see if you have a double-NAT.

This isn’t an easy thing to support as there are just too many possibilities. I will say though that Roon is using an industry-standard approach that is followed by many products. It should be easy to find solutions on line as this isn’t a Roon issue. It’s a networking issue. If your network is configured correctly, it should just work.

Best way to get assistance would be to post a diagram of your network showing the path as the network comes into your home and then leading up to your server. It is nearly impossible to provide helpful troubleshooting tips beyond the basics without understanding this. A picture would allow anyone with knowledge to immediately rule out double-NAT, for example.