How to see performance monitor

Hi,

how do I see the performance monitor that shows CPU load, memory usage etc?

Please make this an easy to access feature with a button to see it on the main dashboard, instead of burying it.

Thanks,
Andrew

Antipodes Audio has never charged for AMS features, and never will, I’m not sure where or how you would think that.
A quick search of the forum would reveal the below, we intend to have access in the new version of AMS release TBA

Sorry I think you misunderstood. I said ‘burying’ as in the feature is there but hidden from easy access. In previous versions you needed to type something after the IP address of the server. I can’t remember what that was, or if that secret method still works. If it is please let me know how to access.

Good to hear there are plans to make the feature easily accessible in the next release.

1 Like

No, currently it is not accessible as it is under development.

Roon has a somewhat simplified indicator/proxy for that called processing speed …

available in the signal path view. On now playing screen click on the blue/purple dot to reveal it.

I think it basically says how many times faster the server is processing than the speed needed to output that data to the streamer/player. My EX typically says 7x, which means the EX is processing 7 times faster than needed, even though I upsample from native bit rates to 96kHz or 88kHz 24 bit.

Digging a bit deeper into this for those people new to this …

I’d guess as the processing speed gets closer to 1, more heat is generated and other things that could be detrimental to SQ. And naturally, it would be less responsive to the remote app, and may even interrupt playback because it is not outputting data fast enough and/or constantly enough

Users could observe performance and SQ and decide how much load to require the server to do. And use processing speed as a measure/reference. For instance, upscaling to dsd 256 might result in 4x speeds while providing satisfactory responsiveness and net gain in SQ, but dsd 512 may result in 2x speed with frequent glitches, stalls, and marginal net SQ improvement. Then a user could decide to how to reduce load to achieve satisfactory results.

Fir example, reducing the size of the library, or how that library is processed or managed to reduce load and improve the processing speed .

I suppose it really depends on how powerful the server CPU is and the efficiency of the software.

Thanks, I tried that but didn’t see the processing speed at all! bizarre

AMSv4 provides near real-time RAM usage, CPU load and Core Temperature monitoring.