HQ Player Embedded for S30/S40 settings

Hello,
I have bought HQ Player embedded for my Antipodes S30/S40 Combi. The HQ Player sounds good, but there are many settings I can use, but I don’t know wihich ones. Testing is a way, but I am concerned first with basic things in relation on the DAC: What I also know is that the S40’s processing power is limited, so I
use PCM up to 384000.
Can somebody tell me something about the settings of filters and settings for my DAC?
I’m a newbie in this case and my knowledge is very limited.
What I have done, is to read div. forums, but many users use diffrent filters or settings for the same music genres. It’s definitely a matter of taste.
Thanks for your support or answers.

Please share which DAC you have.

As far as PCM filters, I like sinc-L or sinc-M with LNS15 dither. Best to have auto rate family checked.

Thanks for your außer. Ok. I will try this. I habe a Holo Audio May Level 2.

Then you should go with the highest PCM rate possible.

Hi kennyb123,
I have made the settings
Sinc-M Sinc-M LNS15 Auto 768000 PCM
One question: Mark, who has supported me pretty well (trank you very much again Mark) has setted the rate limit on 384000.
Now I have tried to switch to 768000. It Worksheet well and I trink it sounds subjectiv better. Does it depend on the Holo May Dac?
Thanks for your answer.

I have to apologize for my words. The autocorrect of my Tablet does this. I have ment:
One question: Mark, who has supported me pretty well (thank you very much again Mark) has setted the rate limit on 384000.
Now I have tried to switch to 768000. It works very well and I think it sounds subjectiv better. Does it depend on the Holo May Dac?
Thanks for your answer.

It should sound better as there are a greater number of points of interpolation.

Thank you. I will use this setting.
There are several more possibilities. I can discover HQ Player with other filters etc. step by step.

Just keep in mind that the sinc filters have a 3 dB reduction in gain. They might sound worse compared to other filters if the gain isn’t matched.

Hi Kenny,
what does that mean? Can you explain of can you show me the settings in HQ Player?
Thanks a lot.

When either sinc-M or sinc-L are used, the output volume will be reduced by 3db. There may be other sinc filters where this is the case but I can’t say for sure. The Chord M-Scaler reduced the gain by 3 db and these were made to compete with it so that could be why it was done. Though I suspect it was done more to disadvantage the perception of these against the DSD filters.