K50 consideration

K50
Hi guys I’m considering upgrading the Antipodes DX3 to The K50. .
1.Would the K50 be able to be used as a standalone server for Roon and HQPlayer. Would it be able to handle the following conversion (I am mainly looking for a solution that can do Roon Core DSP and HQplayer for upscaling (likely to DSD) before outputting it to the DAC). At the moment I’m using my beefy computer for this to occur which then communicates to the DAC via ethernet cable/router/DX3.
2.Also wondering what the sound comparison would be between the DX3 and K50. I have finally achieved a system that sounds right and reduces the digital harshness of the DAVE, so am a bit hesitant to prod it further. Just wondering if the K50 might impart any of this digital harshness to the sound signature.
Many thanks in advance

I have moved to a K50 with a benchmark Dac.
I had what I think was a DX3 before my K50 I tried it with a DAVE it did not preform well the softwear of Roon had taken the gloss of the DX3 for me and it lost its musicality the DAVE did nothing really to help for me. When I bought the K 50 with my Benchmark it was a new level out stripping my DX3 in musicality when it was new.
I thought the DX3 was good at the time and the K50 was a whole new level.
As your other questions I can not comment.
Good luck

1 Like

Before purchasing my K50, I was using a CX in combination with an Innuos Phoenix USB with my Chord TT2 and found the Phoenix made a great difference.

Once I moved to the K50, I didn’t feel like I needed the Phoenix any more - my listening tests showed little in it. So, yes, to my mind the K50 is better than the CX and I would imagine a similar result with the DX3.

1 Like

I have a dx3 with oladra upgrade while I’m pleased I moved from dtgs which was a noticible upgrade, since then I’d suggest each flagship upgrade is worth it if money is no object. Oladra is the one you want, but k50 I’m sure is sweet

1 Like