K50 i2s port HDMI convert to RJ45

I have an Antipodes K50 with a HDMI port for i2s digital output.
Just had a i2s module installed on my Sonnet Morpheus DAC and now find that l need to convert from the HDMI out to RJ45 port on the input.
I’ve seen simple converters on the internet but the pin configuration could well be incompatible.
Alternatively do l need someone to make up a cable with the different plugs?
Would appreciate opinions and advice.
Cheers,
Clive.

As far as I know Tubulus (Dutch firm) can make these cables from i2s hdmi to i2s rj45. Pin configuration of at least Metrum Acoustics can be fond on different pictures on internet. Sonnet could be the same, because of its origin.

1 Like

I can get the pins configured easy enough agreed.
Thanks for the tip. :+1:

Did you sort this out? I am now in quite the same position (Metrum Acoustics dac, kind of predecessor of Sonnet). And finding the pin out of Antipodes is not too easy.
If you would have a scheme and/or pictures that would be helpful.

(Deleted irrelevant comment)

I2S over HDMI socket, supplying four signals MCLK, BCLK, LRCLK, SDATA each over an
LVDS differential pair feeding 100ohms. The DSD_ON which asserts true for DoP, and can be
configured to pin 13,14, 15 or 16. Provides PCM at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8, 384KHz
and DSD64 (2.8MHz), DSD128 (5.6MHz), DSD256 (11.2MHz) DoP native. The phase of each of
the DSD-LR, BCLK, LRCLK and SDATA pairs can be defined by switch setting as described
below.
HDMI pinout
1 Data+
2 Gnd
3 Data4 BCLK+
5 Gnd
6 BCLK7 LRCLK+
8 Gnd
9 LRCLK10 MCLK+
11 Gnd
12 MCLK13 DSD-ON1
14 DSD-ON2
15 DSD-ON3
16 DSD-ON4
17 Gnd

Afraid it never eventuated, l moved on the Sonnet for a Meitner MA1 V2 DAC. :blush:

I did not switch dac but just ordered a Tubulus Concentus hdmi-> rj45 cable to use i2s on my dac. Hopefully a further improvement.