LAN Cable from Router to Server

Thanks Mark. are you using it in series with an audiophile switch ?

I am considering getting this firebox II. where did you buy it from ?

I am using EdisCreation Fiber Box II immediately upstream to EdisCreation Silent Switch. I purchased both directly from Edison Wong in Hong Kong. His company is N&E Audio. I do recommend both components the switch was superior to the EtherRegen in my system.

2 Likes

Has anybody heard of a LAN RF filter called DX Engineering Iso-PLUS RF Ethernet Filter ? The company has a website I was looking at. The package is only $50 US !

Yes, heard of this on other forums, it seems like a simpler version of Eno.
https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-iso-plus-2

I’m considering getting a Firebox II (FBII), but I’m trying to decide between a single FBII Extreme, or a chain of FBII standard & Silent Switch (SS) Standard. I don’t need the additional connections that a SS provides.

Given that both devices reclock with an OXCO, it’s unclear to me what value a SS would add, when placed after a FBII which has already isolated the noise from the signal. Did you ever try your FBII without the SS after it?

I have the extreme dc and standard ac versions of both the Silent Switch and FiberBox. I found when I added the FB II standard to the SS standard there was a distinct improvement in the sound. The Extreme dc versions of both with the FireBird LPS sounds significantly better than the standard ac versions. My streamed music is now on par with my stored music on SSD. If I had do it over again. I would first get the Extreme dc version and then add the other components as desired. I have my server and TV connected to the SS. I like having the flexibility of more than one networked input that the SS offers. I have never tried the FBII by itself. I also responded to your question in WBF.

1 Like