Material Web Player

You can also try free Squeezer app that I installed in an old android phone at my sofa as a remote control as well as my current phone that I carry with me.

Nothing further to share since it just works 100% of the time especially when I wish to quickly check playback bitrate.

Cheers.

Squeeze + squeezelite gives the best sound quality on my EX/CX Combi. Material skin is fine. Searching is more complex and less refined than within Roon.
Also I have the issue some tracks seem to be stuck at the end. Soundwise squeeze is better in my opinion.

1 Like

Agreed. Thanks for sharing your impressions.

1 Like

Let’s not forget iPeng as an interface/controller. Nothing special but it functions. Probably Apple only. iPhone/iPad.

1 Like

Yes, and indeed there are some aspect of iPeng that I prefer compared to Material.

1 Like

I believe my Squeeze server has reverted to the Material browser that existed prior to Antipodes making some enhancements of their own. I’ve been trying to avoid restarting Squeeze server for fear it will change back. While I very much appreciate what Antipodes was aiming for with their enhancements, I think Material had evolved to be the best music player that’s not named Roon.

From a UX design perspective, Material does a fantastic job of filling the screen on a mobile phone. Pretty much anything you would want to get to is accessible with a single tap from this page.

It’s even better on an iPad as there is no need to bounce off the following page unless one wants to visit the settings. The Antipodes modifications ended up displaying on my iPad pretty much what one sees on an iPhone (above) but with four icons at the bottom to switch between browse, playing, queue and info. As I said, I appreciate the great intentions, but that was really a big step back in usability on an iPad. I would pay extra to get be able to keep the view that follows.

2 Likes

Mine seems to have reverted to that of its own accord.

I wonder if that was somehow pushed out to us. Maybe see if it reverts if you restart Squeeze server.

Over the last few weeks I’ve been exploring with various ways to play music on my Poly/Mojo. That’s what prompted me to say good things about Material.

No, it appears to have been a random revert!! A restart of the Squeeze server has got Material back to the blue version.

Thanks for checking. I want to avoid restoring Squeeze server.

1 Like

@MarkCole Hi Mark, hope all is well. I can’t remember which thread mentioned the disappearing Playlists in Material but I thought I was immune to this. It turns out I’m not and my playlists disappear as well. Is there any news in tracking this down?
Thanks, Nick

For those who might prefer the Material browser that was available prior to the blue version, I think I found a workaround that can cause it to revert. Uncheck a plugin on the Server plugin configuration page. I just unchecked Pandora and then after a reboot the Material browser reverted.

Cool hidden feature. :grinning:

1 Like

I have lost access to the Material Web player, when I click on the open button next to Squeeze on the server app, it just shows a blank screen I.e. plain white. I have restarted everything at least once so any ideas on how to get it back appreciated. It was working for a few days but has now disappeared.

Thanks

Please book an appointment here

For remote access support.

Shout out for Mark for a successful remote fix on my K30. Cheers!

1 Like

Hey Kenny, tried free Squeezer program albeit on any old Android phone ? Cheers.

No I haven’t as I’ve never owned an Android phone.

Hi Kenny,

One of your kaki or family member should be able to pass you an old one e.g. Samsung J7 Prime that I am using since I had the Antipodes 2 yrs ago.

Squeezer is very intuitive and I nvr hv to use Material except when I need to add url for internet radio stations which I had not found out how to do so via Squeezer.

Screenshots for your info on the usual App, Fav and Music Folder as well as usual “info” on streamed details for your consideration.

Cheers.

PS:

Hi,
I thought I had lost access to Material Player again but discovered that when clicking ‘open’ next to Squeeze on the server page, it takes me to IPaddress:9000 which leads nowhere whichever browser I try.

However, changing 9000 to 9001 takes me to the Antipodes Material web player as expected. My question is whether I can change the link from the server page to the correct one to enable opening of the player?

Thanks