Network Acoustics Passive Filter, Anyone Have 1st Hand Experience?

Hello @F208Frank
Any news ?
We are all waiting :wink:

I’ve had the MUON system (cable and filter) from Network Acoustics for more than 3 weeks now. I can assure you that I am very satisfied. I retain mainly the dimensionality, the natural tones, the extension of the bass and high frequencies, the transients. It is very very good, clearly superior to the ENO system. Every evening I take advantage of this sound opening. The combination with my K40 makes it possible to obtain a very high level of musicality.
Small observation, it is true that the break-in period is necessary, after 3 weeks I still observe an improvement in the sound quality.

4 Likes

Sorry late response, for me personally, I did end up keeping the filter and the cable. It brings a very natural tone to the end sound. If I had to choose only the filter or the cable though, I would take only the filter. They were meant to work together but my tests showed that the filter did more for me within my chain. That is not to say that the cable is not impressive, but just sharing my experience in case someone would opt for one item only.

My take is if interested take the plunge and trial both the items, and put one item at a time into the chain and hear for yourself. Also go into the trial with a critical stance and let the chips fall where they may.

The co-owner Rob was also very patient and accommodating. Helped me a lot and gave a lot of pointers and never once gave me the feeling he was helping me for sake of a potential sale.

Side Note: When I went on trial, I really wanted to not like it, but wanted to try regardless due to my never ending curiosity for things.

Kind of how our antipodes steps up our DACs, the MUON steps up our antipodes. IMO that is.

3 Likes

I replaced the NA ENO with the Muon filter into my K50. The music sounded more fleshed out and a bit more effortless and natural when compared to the ENO. I believe it was worth the upgrade. I also relocated the ENO into a closet going from my router into a EtherRegen switch. I cannot discern any improvement from that addition. However the Cat6 cabling is running from the closet through 50+ feet of wall which may negate any benefit from using the ENO that far upstream.

2 Likes

WOW!! That is a thick wall!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

4 Likes

Let me start by saying that the ENO filter system (Filter+ethernet cable) is the best and the most effective accessory I had in almost 30 years of audio experience.

I have never been really happy about my Qobuz or Tidal streaming before this upgrade. The sound was ok but never too impressive, lacking that final spark. I tried several ways to improve my streaming (with Etherregen for example) but sound was still to boring.
When I first tested the ENO Ag on my K50 I was blown away. The improvement was like changing to a upper scale pair of speakers.

Since I got my ENO I recommended the ENO system to all my audio friends and only one sent it back to the dealer. All the other (more than 30) they all were impressed and kept it.

Earlier this year when they launch the new MUON series I ordered one unit while keeping the ENO. During the first 3 weeks I could not hear the improvement of the MUON over the ENO. They both played really well but at the same level (MOUN was new and the ENO had already many hundred hours of playing). Then after these 3 weeks things started to change… MUON started to sound more refined. Everything started to sound more elegant and engaging. The details, the decay of the notes, everything sounded even better.

I currently use a MUON system feeding my K50, and I kept the ENO system connected it to my LG OLED TV for Netflix streaming (the image is amazing with this ENO).

To summarize…
In a scale from 1 to 10 where 1 is the original sound and 10 is my current steaming sound quality, the ENO took me to 7, the MUON took me to 9, and the 10 I reach it with my new Paul Pang Quad switch.

My advice to all of you guys is:

• Get the ENO system (filter + cable) immediately! No matter which system you own, you will love it.
  • If you have a true high-end system, them buy the MOUN because it will give you that extra level of elegance and air that you are looking for (but you have to own a good revealing audio setup to get the difference between the two models).

Let me finish as I started: these filters are THE BEST ACCESSORY I OWN IN ALMOST 30 YEARS of audio hobby.

1 Like

Christiaan posts yet another excellent review. Note that Antipodes servers are referenced.

Thanks @kennyb123 for that link. I have one of the MUON Pro filters arriving today as it so happens . . . . .

Let us know, NickBacon!

I had the Network Acoustics ENO which was effective into my K50. The Muon is superior. The music flows effortlessly and it sounds more lifelike without changing the tonal balance. I thought it was a worthwhile upgrade.

I am interested in the Muon for my K50. I have been frankly underwhelmed by the impact of my PhoenixNet Switch and SOTM Cat 8 cable, so perhaps simply removing noise is a better solution. I found removing the PhoenixNet and SOTM and just feeding the K50 with my Black Cat 6 cable produced a more dynamic and open sound which I much preferred. With the switch in case the sound was a little richer but dull and sligtly lifeless?

The switch, it’s power cord and the ethernet cable affect the sound. I have found that a quality audiophile switch improves the sound. Perhaps you should demo some other power cords and ethernet cables with your switch.

Thanks for the suggestion. Did try some different ethernet cables but the sound with the switch in the system did not really improve - a little different. Have not tried a different power cable on the switch from my AQ PC - did not use the Innous standrd one. Worth a shot though.

I realise that my view on the Innous switch goes against many counter opinions but wonder if the K50 simply does not need extra help and the K50 works best with a full bandwidth ethernet signal> Cheers

Do you mean like boring/unengaging….as opposed to say, calm/easeful/effortless? If not, be warned the Oladra is easeful & effortless in the way it delivers music.

You may be confusing two concepts:

• speed (Mbps) = how fast data can transfer
  • bandwidth (MHz) = how much data can transfer at that speed.

Also, bandwidth in ethernet is not the same as bandwidth of digital output. Antipodes even states that:

High-bandwidth data networks can easily move digital data files quickly over long distances without any distortion of the information contained in them, provided the network is designed to keep the signal level above the noise level, and to simply re-send the occasional packet that arrives corrupted at the other end. This works very well for transmitting web pages, emails, spreadsheets, etc. It also works for transferring video and music files. But the situation is different when you are streaming video and music files, because timing becomes a factor.

So, surely ethernet bandwidth is not affected and does not matter (unless you have drop-outs because the data is not enough data is being delivered fast enough).

I suggest check if the Cat 6 has shield, and if so if the shield is connected to headshell/ground at the K50 end; or replace the Cat 6 with fibre.

That was an older post my set up has changed. Router>DH Labs Cat 8>EdisCreation Fiber Box>Cat 8>EdisCreation Silent Switch>DIY in wall Cat 6>Sablon Cat 8>EdisCreation Fiber Box Extreme>Cat 8>EdisCreation Silent Switch Extreme>Cat 8>Muon filter>K50. Sounds great on a par with the SSD now.

Wow…that’s quite a set up. Thanks for sharing details. I don’t suppose you experimented with the EE fibre box direct into the K50? Wanting to know….if EE fibre box + switch = a 10/10 score….how each of the fibre box and switch individually would score feeding direct into K50 (ie one without the other). I suspect you would have had no need to have tried this as you have the best setup….but asking just in case. Cheers.

The only thing that matters is what you hear and that you like it. Could well be you have different listening preferences to others…eg more lit up/energetic/tense…etc vs calm/smooth etc… could be good write down all the qualities you like & don’t like….and then cross reference these against what people are saying about the Muon. It’s not improbable that the Muon might give you the same/more of what the PhoenixNet did. Hope that helps.

I initially had the standard version of the Silent Switch to my K50. I than added the Standard version of the FiberBox and would say there was a 20% improvement with both directly upstream to the K50, but my SSD was better sounding than my streamed music via Qobuz. I recently upgraded to the Extreme dc versions of both components powered by EdisCreation FireBox LPS with Audio Sensibility Statement SE (copper) dc cables with Oyaide gold termination plugs. The streamed music is on a par with my music on SSD. I use a Transparent Audio XL G5 power cord on the LPS. Both ac and dc cables make a noticeable difference in the sound.

2 Likes