No audio output from My EX

Hi all,
Everything was working fine with My Antipodes CX(server) & EX(Player). Then I just purchased a new DAC (Soulnote D-1N) I was happy to finally bypass my Antipodes S-20, due to the fact my Bel Canto dac didn’t have USB. I put in the new Dac. On the EX dashboard no USB on the audio ouput selection appeared. I tried bringing back the S20 and tried AES into my new DAc, no audio still. Then I thought I should regroup and put back the old Bel Canto Dac. Now again no audio… I can see the music playing in my squeezebox gui. Showing the CX as the server and EX as the player. I can open the EX dashboard no problem, therefore the network connection seems fine. I’m totally scratching my head.

Any other ideas I should check for this troubleshooting ?? I’m stumped and bummed I can’t hear any music, let alone my new DAC. Seems everything is working except the audio getting out of my EX
Cheers

Did you try powering up the EX? I expierenced this issue long time ago and had to shutt off power (first with button, if orange than switch off at the back). This made sure the EX did a so called ‘handover’ to the usb input on my dac.

PROBLEM SOLVED !!
Yes I always start trouble shooting with powering cycle.

Being that this is a new DAC and a different setup from my previous DAC which did not have a USB input. I was previously using an Antipodes S20 to take the usb signal from the EX and send it to my bel canto via AES/EBU. In that setup I was using USB Audio 2.0 5V off. with this new DAC I needed to use USB audio 2.0 5V On. I did try both slots , but the Dac needed to power off/on to recognize the source.

I’m posting this solution in case someone else might have the same panic I did. I was prepared to call the dealer and tell him the DAC is broken. :slight_smile:
Cheers

1 Like

Good to hear the problem is solved. And as often, the details count. Happy listening. And excellent trouble shooting!

1 Like