Oladra + roon server library/squeeze library bug?

hi, some albums added to my storage library through AMS are not showing up in roon or in squeeze/material. i tried deleting them and adding again but no change. very strange, the files are flac and play fine. any ideas/known bugs here?

Sometimes you have to force a rescan. Look for Rescan Media Library in Server settings in Material.

I assume these have been popped in the watched “music” folder?
As above, sometimes Roon needs a wee kick

i have clicked force rescan in roon but still no joy. when you say watched ‘music’ folder. i don’t mess with any settings in roon, i have simply uploaded the music here through ams - some albums appear, some don’t, some appear in a strange way in roon where they dopant show when you ‘focus’ on my library but do show if you search for that album.

Sweet, have you checked the drive via File Manager or Explorer to check if in fact those files copied.
If so, you can clear the Room database via Roon in the server tab of the Solution Dashboard.

the files are there, if i browse to the path via finder i can play them.

i cleared the database like you said, when i go to albums and focus on my library the missing albums are still missing

If Roon can’t import tracks, it records this in a log. I can’t remember how to view it but it’s somewhere within settings. The files could have missing tags and it would show that.

I would also check the Skipped Files just to check

And clean up if required

Just to cross those off the trouble shoot list

hi Mark, roon says no files have been skipped. Library has been cleaned up and all showing 0. Still not seeing albums that are in the storage folder and same format as others that show up.

hi Mark, roon says no files have been skipped. Library has been cleaned up and all showing 0 to be cleaned. Still not seeing albums that are in the storage folder and same format as others that show up. its very strange indeed. for example here is an album that is in the storage location, it doesnt show up under albums when i focus on my library yet if i search roon for it it is actually there as a local album.

Then i have other albums that just dont show up at all e.g. i have 4 simon and garfunkel albums but only 1 of them shows in roon - they are all in the same format (cd quality flac) all purchased from qobuz

You are perhaps seeing some of the vagaries of Roon .
A couple of links from the Roon KB.
Checking file by path might be useful.

thx, nothing there is any help nor checking by path which just shows the same files - and the same ones are missing, i will have to contact roon

Have you cleared the Roon data base

yes i tried that but no change

Would you like me to pop in for a look, if so book a time :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like