Optimal C-3PO settings

Hello. As far as I’m concerned, Hansel & Gretel may have invented it. It must work. If it’s junk, it has no place on my server. Are not in kindergarten here. Didn’t buy a K50 to deal with such nonsense. When I buy from professionals, I expect something and no youth researches software or plug-ins.

Either use it or dont, We simply included it for people to try, there will be long term development, nothing short-term

1 Like

Hi Mark, you are absolutely right. After a long time of torment I come to the decision to deactivate it. In the future, please leave such plug-ins deactivated for updates, especially if they don’t work anyway. Just letting us know there’s something to try and pointing us where to activate it. Don’t feel like dealing with the thousands of settings and looking for the function where you can disable it. I wholeheartedly welcome the generous upgrade of Squeeze. Hopefully it doesn’t take that long. And that the web function is revolutionized. Will need support soon, still have my concerns about the direct connection between Squeeze and the K50 during launch. My poor wife hasn’t been able to get a simple connection between the K50 and Squeeze app or web browser the last few times. Now she’s listening to the radio again and asked me the most uncomfortable question of all questions, why I broke up with the Aurender. Oh man, such a question must not come. I then tried countless times to establish a connection. The Antipodes site cannot find the server. Then ran the rescan a thousand times, still no success. My created shortcuts on the iPad or Android cell phone do not find the app either, the created shortcut only fidgets during the start. I have set my router so that it always assigns the same IP address to the player and server. I can not do anything more. But at some point it will work. Only takes about 2 minutes or so. And with a lot of tricks. :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:. Please say goodbye to these web-based browsers. A connection must function as simply as possible. Maybe close the app again and open it again, OK, but then it has to work. Aurender had no problems with the connections. From a tonal point of view, I only have squeeze. Roon is great but doesn’t sound good. HQ Player is said to be making the server boil. All I can do is squeeze. So full focus on squeeze.

Most people do not experience the issues you describe, If the server is not visible in myantipodes then there is almost certainly a network issue of some description.
Do you leave your server on at all times?

Hello. After listening, I put the server back into standby mode. I’d be happy to take a look at it again with my network. But it works after a long deep breath. During this time I do not make any settings on the network/router. Only with the web browsers do I then try my luck for the purpose of connection.

This only occurs if one chooses a filter that is very cpu-intensive.

Roon can be made to sound better/different through integration with either Squeeze or HQPlayer. I use Roon with HQPlayer for music discovery.

It’s best to leave it powered on all the time as Antipodes recommends.

1 Like

Hello. Thanks for feedback. I will now first make my experiences and listen to music. I’ll leave C-3PO disabled. Sounds perfect too. I had read Roon + Squeeze or Roon + HQ Player as other options. Let’s see if I try it out. I hadn’t even read the recommendation that the device should always be switched on. But OK. I checked my network later today. It is OK. The K50 is always assigned the same IP address (player…18, server…19, or vice versa, it doesn’t matter) The connection is established! Just not quickly during the start. My links based on the above IP addresses do not load the page. The server is already found, but the following connections (Press Play Button) fail. I then repeat that several times. Then it will work at some point. As an example: It doesn’t work with the iPad at first, but if I carry out the same procedure with the Google Pixel, the connection is established. A little later, the connection to the iPad is established. However, the shortcut on the pixel does not work at the beginning of the start either. I listen to music. 2 to 3 hours and close the browser, as a test for example, then start my shortcuts, it works without problems. So for me it says that the cold start is the problem. Browser sometimes fast, sometimes not fast. I didn’t have that with the Aurender via the Conductor app. The Aurender was always off too. Please don’t get me wrong, don’t make comparisons with the Aurender, or Aurender is better. I don’t care about Aurender. I’m pro ANTIPODES! I just want to suggest improvement. It was also very strange, but I can’t remember what I pressed. I think dynamic playlist accidentally. Squeeze then crashed. I had to restart. Strangely, some settings had been changed. Marked screenshots attached which settings I had to undo again. :thinking: Disabled was actually set under title mix. Under volume normalization it suddenly said normal or something. Don’t remember exactly. By selecting title mix, these Knax noises (pop) came out of the speakers again when changing titles. Change of sample rates or general pop (pop) if the songs are mixed too fast or too slow. I don’t know it. I think I can even reproduce in the menu for C-3PO under DSD settings. Squeeze crashes there too. But I’d have to look again at how I did it. But it was reproducible. But no matter…

Not a single person who developed Squeeze/LMS can see what you are suggesting because they don’t participate on this forum. Squeeze is a third-party solution. Consider posting your suggestions here instead: Logitech Media Server - Squeezebox : Community : Forums (slimdevices.com)

For the record, I’ve been using Squeeze/LMS for maybe 3 years. I have not run into any of the problems you reported. It has been rock-solid.

I faced some similar early challenges with my K50 - took me sometime to adapt to using the kit. When using Squeeze server and player I eventually discovered that I had to leave the K50 on, all of the time. If I switched to roon server then tried to switch back to squeeze there was always a 2-5min delay before the server was found and the internal player would work. One way I found to reduce this delay was to use the SqueezePad app on my ipad to control music. This is faster at identifying the server and allowing music to be played. I find SqueezePad quite intuitve and a little more user friendly than the installed Sqeeze player.

I have experienced one Squeeze crash when I had a transient power outage in my home - the K50 remained on but the entire system froze - ended up reinstalling the player and server software which seemed to sort things.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation. I will try this tonight.

Thank you for your feedback. It is the same. Web browsers are the problem in my opinion. They are always the cheaper alternative to the app. All of the points you mentioned apply to me too. KennyB didn’t believe me either :disappointed_relieved: Is there an app? So squeeze app!?

I tend to swop back and forth between the Material web based player control and iPeng (both on an iPad). I find that each have their good and not so good points and that is why I tend to have both open at the same time.

SqueezePad has been mentioned and having looked I already had it on my iPad so I am guessing that I abandoned using it. Now having used it again I am not sure how much I like its interface so for me it is back to iPeng and Material.

It’s not that I didn’t believe you - it’s that I believed you’ve been causing yourself problems that can be avoided. I keep my servers powered up and I also have a very stable network. I have always reserved an IP address for my servers.

The web interface to Squeeze has provided me with a flawless experience for years - both when running Squeeze on Innuos and then with running Squeeze on Antipodes. It looks like I first started using Squeeze in 2019. I actually think the default Material interface is one of the best designed user interfaces I’ve used for playing music.

Kenny, I agree with you and I also have pretty much zero issue with the web interface to Squeeze but I also leave my Antipodes powered up 24/7 month in month out (and also the DAC connected to the Antipodes).

It’s okay. But I turn off the server. And it’s also logical that your connection won’t drop if the server is permanently on. My network is also stable.

If you leave your server on and you find that connections continue no longer drop, that would suggest that your network is stable. If dropping continues that points to there being a network stability issue.

I think those who approach software with the right expectations will be rewarded with a great experience. It’s when we expect it to bend to our will that we set ourselves up for disappointment.

There’s very little boutique server manufacturers can so to change LMS/Squeeze. The only real solution is to do what Innuos did and create their own solution. I believe we will see Antipodes do this as well.

There you go! my speeches That’s where the circle closes. But it took a long time. I haven’t mentioned anything else in my previous posts. All well-known manufacturers have their own app! Aurender, Melco, Innuos… It’s time, Antipodes.

Thank you. But that’s already clear to me.

This had occurred to me but I must say that even the thought of that possibility excites and worries me in equal measure.

Having had two identical Innuos machines (Zenith Mk3) side by side, one running the old LMS type of software and one running the Sense software I was far from convinced that the Sense software had equal sound quality to the one running LMS with iPeng controlling it (never mind the claims that its sound quality is better).

@Christian beware what you wish for . . . .