Power Distribution and Conditioning

You may try it anytime. ENO manufacturer is giving 30 days trial period to customers.
I had also my etherregen powered with Farad Super3 PSU but in my system the ENO blown away my etherregen setup. Took me 5 seconds to convince me.
If you try it, please let me know your thought then.
Cheers…

Both the ENO and Muon filters work well. They actually improve dynamics by lowering the noise floor. The Muon is more effective with an effortless organic sound. I use the Muon from my downstream switch into my K50 and the ENO out from my router to an upstream switch.

Hi Mark,
Thanks for bringing up Puritan. I bought a power cord for my main amp. I heard an improvement over my other power cord so I ordered one more Puritan power cord for the s60.
I wonder if I should buy the mains filter Puritan PS106-dc. It’s Puritans budget mains-cleaner. Then the analog equipment will be partially on the same path as the s60-s30. Or should the digital Antipodes be more isolated from the analog equipment?

Having all your equipment on the same board shouldn’t be a issue

Thanks!! I will check out the mains filter when I collect the other power cord. I like Puritans philosophies like I do Antipodes’ (keep musicality/dynamics alive).

1 Like

I used to have a Isotek G2 Vision conditioner along with a number of there high end mains cables which I bought secondhand, I then spoke to my dealer who suggested I try a Puritan 136 as they had amazing feedback from customers. Got one on trial along with a number of HiDiamond mains cables & amazed just what a huge improvement they made.
Listed all the Isotek on eBay which I sold at what I paid for them & never looked back.
Puritan along with HiDiamond are 2 hidden gem brands who offer amazing quality products at unbelievable prices- something very rare in high end hi fi nowadays.

2 Likes

I happen to use this also, happy to get confirmation from Antipodes that this is a good product.

I use audiotricity Sthenos Power conditioner. It bought a highly satisfactory change to my stereo. They are quite unique in the way that the manufacturer can tune individual socket’s power filtering qualities based on what component you attach them to.

Thanks for the tip about the Cardas power cord for the K50 ! I have a Torus RM 15 transformer. I bought the high-current cord from AudioQuest called the Dragon with the Torus.

1 Like

I was a very early adopter of Puritan Audio Labs mains passive conditioners. The very first iteration of the PSM136 I owned had wired 8amp fuses for each output!

I then exchanged this unit for the first iteration of the PMS156 directly from PAL, not through a dealer. The sonic difference was night and day and I still have it my system to this day.

I still think that the PSM 156 - or the 1512 - is the most cost effective, real world, mains conditioning device on the market today - for Uk buyers at least.

Unless you have unlimited funds to spend on your hi-fi and you’re in the world of cost-no-object-systems, I still think it’s worth having a home demo at least.

4 Likes

I bought the latest version of the Puritan 136. Anyways, the increase in detail retrieval is hard to believe with a product that is “only” filtering the mains. And it doesn’t affect dynamics. I plugged all my devices in it including a 1000W sub amp.
Impressive, indeed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am too intrigued by the reports of the successes with the Puritan to ignore it so I have ordered a Puritan PSM156 and it should arrive here today or tomorrow. . . . . .

2 Likes

I’m almost at the point of ordering a PM 136 with a full Ultimate loom so very keen to read your thoughts also sir

Let us know, NickBacon!

@Smiffy and @ICUToo I have just had an email saying it should arrive Thursday or Friday. When I chased to see where it was they said that they are just working flat out to supply demand . . . .

1 Like

Thanks for the update Nick, I’m guessing if their demand is high there must be something desirable in their product. I look forward to your appraisal.

Many thanks and kind regards

1 Like

Great- thanks for the update
Look forward to news :slight_smile:

I’ve recently ordered an SE replacement for my current 156 that’s only available from The Audio Consultants, based in Aldermaston, Reading, UK. The SE version replaces Furutech UK 13 amp sockets for the stock version in the standard PSM 156.
The update was intended, initially, to solve the UK plug ‘grip’ problem for beefy cables in the the standard PSM 156, as In my experience, heavy duty cables are too easily dislodged from their sockets. Stephen from Audio Consultants says that, as an unexpected added bonus, it has also significantly improved the sound performance of what was already an excellent sounding unit. I’ll update my feedback once the unit has run in.

1 Like

Hi, did you end up with the PSM 156, what were your thoughts?

I’ve recently acquired one but it isn’t yet working out as I hoped, it all sounds a bit mechanical. I’m experimenting with different cables and trying with/without the Puritan, but haven’t worked it out yet.

I’ve had it two weeks so should be mostly run-in, if needed.

Anyway, id be interested if you or anyone else is have success with the Puritan.

Cheers

2 Likes

"I am too intrigued by the reports of the successes with the Puritan to ignore it so I have ordered a Puritan PSM156 and it should arrive here today or tomorrow. . . . . .

NickBacon, what are your thoughts?