Power Switch on the K50

I have have numerous issues with the power switch on the K50. The first time after having the unit for only one month the power switch stopped working. It was not a fuss issue — The unit would not turn on — I sent it to the Denver service station where they said it was a faulty power switch or the relay that goes along with it —- Well now two months later I am having similar issues —- The unit will not turn on —- I get flashing green light or flashing orange lights or both flashing but the unit is not powering up —

Is there power on your switch. I had it before, no ethernet and it would not start-up or power down.

1 Like

Indeed remedied by rebooting the network

I have a problem with the On/Off switch (front) on my K50.
The button rubs and often sticks.
Is this a known issue?
Is there a solution to solve this problem?

I have the same issue — It eventually works but is not the best on /off switch out there

Yes - don’t turn off your K50. It sounds best when power is consistently applied.

Obviously I’m not proposing a real solution here. I just thought it important to mention that.

1 Like

Yes the same problem with the Oladra
Nightmare trying to switch off

1 Like

Sometimes when you reboot you need to turn the unit off and this is where the power switch is a bit of an issue — again it will eventually work with some patients but not the best design feature of this unit

1 Like

It has struck me that the button functions more like a touch sensor. It can be finicky in the same way some ATMs are to finger touches. It’s more about how contact pressure is applied. And since we don’t press it often enough, getting a feel for it can take time. I think once I came to approach it as more of a touch sensor, usage became more predictable. I hold it for just a bit - but not too long as that will just turn off the LED.

1 Like

It is in the use instructions that you need to depress the button for half a second for on or for off.
Once I read that: it works every time…

1 Like