Ripping multi-disc CDs

I’m trying to understand if it is normal for the K21 software to rip multi-CDs and assign the same numbering system for each CD loaded into the same album folder. I can only fix this my going to my PC and manually renumbering all the song titles so they have unique track numbers.
Also, I have a 4-disc CD set and have been unable to rip it correctly. It seems to have ripped all but one of the CDs to a tmp folder in WAV format and not to the FLAC folder. So, I’m not sure what to do to get to CDs #2-#4 rip to the FLAC folder in FLAC format.

I encounter this occasionally when ripping on my Mac using dbPoweramp. It occurs because the metadata provider has incorrect information stored in their database. Easy fix with dbPoweramp as there are multiple metadata providers that one can pick from. Switching to an alternative source usually corrects the problem. Not sure if Antipodes provides that option.

I just tried a rip with dbPoweramp and since the CD is so new, it does not show any track listing or cover image, so maybe that was the problem. it would be helpful if the Antipodes software could provide some error message when it can’t do something. It does not even tell you when the CD has completed ripping. I’ll have to see how this goes with future rips but I so prefer ripping directly to the K21 instead of having to process through my PC at the other corner of the house. The software with my old DX simply would reject a CD (with an error message) if it was not found in the database.

Pleased that my latest rip of a 4CD album was performed correctly with all tracks correctly assigned to the correct CDs. Also, it appears that the ripping software is now displaying all the ripping actions, including grabbing, encoding, tagging, acoustic fingerprints and rip completion.

1 Like