Room Correction

Hello all. As per the title, I am interested to know if anyone uses room correction as part of their system, e.g. Dirac, REW, and how it is implemented - as convolution files in Roon, HQplayer, etc. Any experiences would be most welcome.

A few local friends and I have been intending to give this a go but it’s been delayed by both the weather and the pandemic.

The plan will be to use Audiolense to capture the room measurements and then use PGGB to apply the curves. This is not a real time solution, obviously, but once we dial this in we could then bring the curves over to HQPlayer or Roon.

I have done a good job treating my room, but the treatments haven’t completely flattened the response in the lower octaves. That’s the only area in which we will attempt to apply EQ as it’s too easy to do more harm when attempting to go further. So we will make no attempt at time/phase correction.

I only use one notch filter in Roon to suppress an annoying lateral resonance at 71 Hz. It makes the whole thing sound much better.
If I would have more of these minimum phase resonances, I would use more Roon filters. So: highly recommended.