Server and Player on different updates

I had an EX delivered today and after some flaffing about have it running as player with a DX as server - yay.

The player dashboard (EX) says I have software version AMS v4.3.1 (I could be wrong, but I think it initially read 4.3). Anyway, the update button is “live”. However, when I try to update, I get flipped to an update screen that runs some code lines or whatever, and then displays a ‘circle of death’. Within the semi greyed-out display behind the ‘death circle’ (that I cannot interact with), I can read the message that update to v4.3.1 is complete and to reboot.

I reboot and the circle of death keeps spinning on a screen I cannot interact with. Meanwhile, the EX disappears from Roon devices.

If I refresh the web page/update screen, I can see an option to return to dashboard solutions, but can’t .click on it (semi grey-out screen)

If I simply kill the page, the EX is back within Roon and I can get back to the “solutions dashboard”, where I see a “software version updatable” message within Player Settings: EX.

Meanwhile, the server dashboard (DX) says I have software version AMS v 4.4.0 (up to date)

And yes, I’ve jumped back on the update merry-go-round to see if anything different happens. And nothing different happens.

As far as I can tell, everything’s working as it should, but it’s kind of irksome seeing an update option that doesn’t seem to be an actual update option, while the “other half” of the set up has more up to date software.

So is it me, or is there some “mysterious” 21C pooter jiggery pokery going on?

Make an appointment for remote support to get your devices to the current software versions…

1 Like