Update on AMS software suite

I believe you are working on a new / better interface. Is there anything Antipodes could share with us about progress?

Hi there, yes we are continuing to work on the new AMS software, AMSv5.
Testing and bug fixes continue.
I’m always hesitant to give an ETA on software as there is always something that needs to be done, however, we anticipate that the release will be available this side of Christmas.

3 Likes

Would be a nice present for under the Christmas tree😊

Yes, it would, however, I have just been advised by the tech team, that due to the proximity of Xmas and the holiday period, they have made the decision to release AMSv5.0 towards the end of January.

This is a pragmatic decision, we want everyone to have AMSv5 ASAP, but we also want to be able to support our user base adequately through the transition.

Hopefully, everyone understands our reasoning, and we appreciate everyone’s patience.

3 Likes

Smart. I always try to convince my leadership to not ship big releases during the holiday months. They’ve tended not to listen.

2 Likes

would be happy to beta test if you need - and point out improvements of course!

with the news that roon has just been sold having a competent alternative is more important than ever

@tommytwotimes
Appreciate the offer, we are a long way down the track, with final tweaking under the hood currently underway, expect full release in the new year

3 Likes

In the meantime, according to the Roon newsletter, they are releasing a major update to their software sometime very soon which significantly changes how it functions. Is this release compatible with the current AMS software v4.40 (running on a K50 gen2)? If not, should we avoid updating until we get the OK from you?
Thanks,
Larry

I believe this is for Windows and Mac users, and separates out how Roon server works, we already have this in Linux

1 Like

Any updates on this @MarkCole? Thanks!

Yes, on track for end of the month

4 Likes

Coming soon to a screen near you…

AMSv5 Solution Dashboard: :grinning:

Antipodes_Oladra_setup_V5_550pix

Antipodes_Oladra_setup_V5_3_550pix

Antipodes_Oladra_setup_V5_5_544pix

Paul, you got me rushing to look to see if it had been released into the wild!!

Sorry for that, I was not much online the past month and while catching up last night and reading Mark’s end-of-the-month ‘promise’ here coupled with the working AMSv5 version in Christaan Punters’ test unit, I had a similar reaction. Personally, even if it were only just for the UI aesthetics, it feels like we’ve entered a new era.

I’m curious if there’s a particular day in New Zealand or at Antipodes they are aiming to align it with, or perhaps the staff is mentally preparing? I greatly admire Antipodes for their continuous improvement, and I wish the support team all the best. Even though, in my experience, new releases have been relatively painless, I understand they can be quite demanding.

2 Likes

As you may realised by now my promises on software release are always a little off.
The development team tell me two things about software,
1/ You can’t rush it
2/ You can’t give a firm date of release
AMSv5 is close, very close, we have made some last-minute adjustments that are being worked thru, but I’m sure everyone will be impressed, I am very happy with it.
Yes, we are mentally preparing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve had my K50 two weeks as of yesterday- and loving it. So is the AMS strictly an interface between the Server/Player and the user or does it impact the sound quality performance as well.?

@Tony_in_georgia, so happy you are loving the K50 :slight_smile:
AMS is indeed the user interface between you and your Antipodes.
But also a part of AMS is the Apps, AMSv5 will bring new versions of: Squeeze Server, Squeezelite, HQPlayer, MinimServer, MiniDLNA, MPD, and PLEX, so there is a potential for sound quality to change based on what App is in use, our GUI won’t change the sound.

2 Likes

Take all the time you need if you can improve on SQ with this stellar duo!

While I understand that you mentioned App dependend changes in SQ without explicitly promising an improvement in SQ, any advancements in SQ using Squeeze + Squeeze would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes