Upgrading AMSv3.1

Should I reboot again kinda stuck

I’m not sure . Have not checked .
Oh that’s worrying , I was hoping it would be fix .
I haven’t had a response from mark , yet .
Did he advise to just leave powered off .?

No advice yet my system has stalled

Well I’m around for an hour, then heading out for a bit, left everything on. Should I generate another any desk access code? Was worried about this update from the opposite side of the world, but thx for trying so far. Looking forward to my DX functioning

@Whazzzup
So Stage 3 hasn’t popped up for installation?
Stage 3 brings down the apps, do you get to Start 3 of 3?

NB. Once you have Any Desk installed, the code is yours, until you uninstall it.

@AlexS
Please follow the instructions here
Remote Support Instructions

Ok access code is the same

No I didnt says ver 2.8

I’m leaving no roon access not completed 3 stage, be back in an hour or so, any desk is active

Hi Whazzaup, looks like you have the same problem as me, both ex and CX stuck after 2/3 of the update. I tried loading software other than Roon on the system so that I could still use the hifi after the 3rd when Roon updates but nothing will load.
If you get it fixed let me know how. I think Mark C is doing a remarkable job just now, but it seems he is the only person dealing with support worldwide, which is somewhat undermanned for the task Antipodes is trying to carry out.

No, he advised xstand by to me as I would otherwise throw the unit out of the window due to those irritating beep sounds.

can you check router? if nit connected, I think we are cooked…

I will check later when I am back from work .
I will have confirmation during my consultation.
Maybe they will have to do back to dealer .
When will know ?

I foresaw all of this, failed 3.1 trigger would take 2 days to sort out then failed update which I hope can be fixed by mark and I scheduled a one on one for 6 tonight. Could be a nightmare, we shall see. Meanwhile my DX a boat anchor till then. God help us all

Hi Whazzzup, what happens if your unit is stuck rebooting and no longer shows on the internet (i.e. unaccessible). I am getting worried…

I dunno, I’m a noob, I’d hope it can be fixed, or a make good is in order

Good luck with the 1 to 1, they ignored my scheduled 1 to 1 last night.

Hi, the upgrade went smooth as stated. I keep on having issues with Roon though. I have a backup available, but if I restore this the location according to Roon is (if I examine the file path info):
/storage/music/music/flac/

This location does not exist however.

The real location of the file is:
/storage/music/flac/
Because of this, all music files are re scanned again from scratch. So I was wondering why I would be the only one who encounters this.

Since the core has changed (because of the new Linux) the procedure according to Roon is:

1. Re-install Roon (remote)
  2. Do not login, but restore the backup in the Login form

If you open Roon next, it is scanning all files again, and displaying the files in the backup (which cannot be played) as well.

I am wondering whether this is related to the new section which is listed in the important notes for Roon (listed in AMSv3.1):

DO NOT set any watched folders in Roon. This is because your library location is pre-set for you on CX including internally stored files and any external locations you have added using Filemanager on the Servers Dashboard. Adding a watched folder that overlaps with a pre-set folder will trigger a loop in Roon that will cause over-heating and may thereby cause damage to your Antipodes Music Server.

Is the music folder now protected, and has therefore Roon opted to create a sub directory music in it?

All albums will be displayed twice because of this (once from the restore, that cannot be played) and once from the new scan. Since I put a lot of effort in the database, I like to use it again. Also I do not like the idea of Roon having to re-scan several TB of music.

Any thoughts?

My K40 upgrade went flawlessly. Thank you Antipodes and Mark Cole.

Two tips I found helpful - the first of which has been mentioned several times by Mark:

If the dashboard is not displaying correctly after the update, clear your browser cache. An immediate fix for me.

Some of your apps on the dashboard may be highlighted in orange after the update. Apps are enabled/disabled by hovering over the app and clicking. Enabled apps are highlighted; disabled apps not. I didn’t figure this out straight away. It is discussed in the Initial Setup Dashboards video guide - which I should have watched first.

Thank you, Mark, for all your work. Much appreciated!!

1 Like

So, is there a fix for me?

They ignored my 1-1 time as well, lolz too funny except it isnt