Upgrading AMSv3.1

How do I get the upgrade to 3.1 was away this week. Not sure I understand the clock time setting ? So again how do I get the 3.1 upgrade sent to me thanks Eli

As per previous post

@ELI1333
Remote Support Instructions

Please follow the instructions above for remote access support

I take it I make a 1 on 1 appointment ?

@ELI1333
As per instruction, please send me your Anydesk ID to support@Antipodes.audio
This is preferred.

Hi, i just bought a CX from Elite audio, i am in the UK.

How do i get the AMS 3.1 firmware?

@MarkCole All is setup for roonserver, i have installed Plex server too but it wont open the plex GUI when i click on the icon?

Regards,

Raj

@cereal_killer

Please see this post on our website for AMSv3.1 info
AMSv3.1 Upgrade

There you will see what to do regarding what version of AMS you have.
I assume that you do not have the v3.1 trigger, therefore I will have to remote in to set it.

Please follow the instructions here for remote access.
Remote Support Instructions

Thanks Mark - Mail sent with anydesk number.

@MarkCole All done and working perfectly. Thank you for the remote desktop assistant on your weekend - apprecaited.

1 Like

We have CX + EX used for ROON exclusively, however CX and EX are on 2.7 and won’t install 2.8 : is that a sign we missed the “2019 update” and we cannot install AMSv3.1 without your remote assistance?

Thanks!
Gianluca

Hi Mark,

Firstly, I have successfully backed up (note for other users - the easiest way to back up by far is to plug a USB in the back of the Antipodes server).

I then began the upgrade to 3.1. I could see the option to upgrade on both CX and EX. I upgraded CX first and successfully got through all 3 steps and it looks like the machine now has 3.1. However I then noticed that the option to upgrade the EX vanished! How do I get back the installer on the EX?

Ok after a few reboots the option to install re-appeared on the EX and I have successfully installed 3.1.

My next question is how to get to the settings page of HQ Player. I see a link on the HQ Player server apps, but it is asking for a user name and password? I have no idea what these are.

@gkg2k yes see below

1 Like

the default is admin and admin

1 Like

Sincerest thanks @antipodes for the details shared, and the amazing support from the team during the upgrade process. Much appreciated! I noted the details in your post in regard to upcoming releases and wanted to flag a bug I have experienced with Native DSD no longer working.

I have shared details with Mark so my post here may be redundant. I did want to share nonetheless as I (previously) upsampled everything to Native DSD 256. In my setup Native DSD 256 vs DoP 128 (the only DSD option for me now) is the difference between actual engaging music with presence, vs good sound…

Native DSD previously worked with Roon and my EX connected to an Ayre QB-9 Twenty on Software v2.8, but this is no longer the case in v3.1. Please add this to the list for future updates. Thanks again!

I wonder if Roon is more to blame for this. How are you enabling native DSD?

Given that the 3.1 upgrade wiped out Roon, I wonder if maybe a former setting wasn’t restored.

Hi @kennyb123 . Good thoughts. I’ve checked and double checked my settings and to the best of my knowledge all are correct. I’ve also done a few power cycles for good measure, as well as restarting Roon Ready on my EX and restarting Roon on my CORE. Mark is in the loop and has also enquired with Roon.

As for the settings used: when Native DSD is selected in my EX Player Dashboard, and I click Save (1st pic attached), there are no DSD options in Roon’s Sample Rate Conversion settings (2nd image attached)…

This is the same behaviour which was in place with v2.7, prior to the Native DSD playback capability that came for me in v2.8. For v2.8, with Native DSD enabled in my.antipodes, I had full DSD options to select in the Roon Sample rate conversion menu.

I know there’s lots on the go and will be patient for this to be resolved.

Custom option should provide a screen with both PCM and DSD rates. While I do see ability to convert PCM to other PCM rates and DSD to various PCM rates, but do not see upconverting DSD to other DSD ones.

@worknprogress I think you’re describing the same as what I see if I try Custom option in Roon. (Which is not what was previously required in Roon for Native DSD to work… the settings noted in my last post were all that were needed.)

With Native DSD enabled in my EX Player Dashboard, there are no DSD options to choose from in the Custom menu drop down in Roon. See pic.

@desbiss Find the equivalent screen for your output device and hopefully you will see that you can switch your DSD playback strategy.

It’s a 3.1 issue, not Roon. I expect Antipodes will download the fix as soon as they start pushing out updates overnight.

1 Like