Upgrading AMSv3.1

@NickBacon
We are looking into it Nick, will advise.

2 Likes

Mark, Many thanks.
Nick

I am excited to test the Native DSD playback with Roon upon return of my Antipodes gear (receiving the OLADRA upgrade). In the meanwhile, I updated my Antipodes CORE to 3.11 yesterday and noted that it seemed to be a pretty large upgrade. IE: lots of items being uninstalled and then reinstalled. It didn’t seem like a small patch per se.

I’m wondering if that’s why it was not an auto-update…?

I had to go into myantipodes.com and click “Manage” for my CORE in order to see the update option and initiate the process…

@desbiss
For a full list of 3.11 content see here

AMSV3.11 Update Info

Thanks Mark. I found that post shortly after my above one. Cheers!

1 Like

I had no luck getting this working so I just sent a request for AnyDesk. This is in no way urgent as I understand Squeeze lost the ability to play my PGGB files. HQPlayer sounds better than I remembered but it’s still less transparent than Squeeze, so I hope you have luck getting that working again soon.

Two questions/reamrks:

1. I am glad that my unit is finally working again. I will most likely not look on the Antipodes site very often. Is it possible that you send email to your population that an update has been sent to avoid that peoiple like me miss them?

2. Did I understand correctly that for the best sound, it is recommendable to disable programmes you are not using, or delete them? Can you tell a little bit more about that?

1 Like

@JJJS
We made a decision not to email, as we don’t have every Antipodes user subscribed, also we decided that this would be how we update in the future, as we have always done, it is up to the end-user to install.
However take your feedback on board, and will re-assess this decision :slight_smile:

Regarding the apps, you can have as many server apps running as you wish, we do not give users the ability to uninstall, as this causes more problems than it fixes, we do give users the ability to disable, simply by un-highlighting.
The theory is that only having the app you are using in use is the best way to go, however in practice I have noticed no reduction in sound quality with multiple apps running.
I personally run Squeeze, Minim, Roon, and Plex, this is a convenience use case, as I don’t want to have to enable Plex every time I get in my car, that’s just dumb.
So end of the day test it and see.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I have a K50 and upgraded to 3.11 after enjoying the step in SQ that came with 3.1. I love the sound of the digital reclocker board on the K50.

Unfortunately, after the update I have not been able to get Squeezelite Player to work with Roon or LMS/Material. It seems like it doesn’t want to be discovered…

This is what I’ve tried so far:

• Reboot K50 after selecting Roon as server and Squeeze as player.
  • Directly connected K50 to router (UniFi Dread Machine) via ethernet (skipping all switches and FMC).
  • Rebooted my router after directly connected the K50.
  • Installed a Mac desktop Squeezelite player and Roon is able to see this player instantly.
  • I also can’t see my server and player on myantipodes.com, which used to work in the past.

Thanks

I had the same problem with my K30. I did a remote session with Mark yesterday and he got it working again.

After the update I had the same issue with my K50. Squeeze player just wasn’t showing up despite being selected & my double checking I hadn’t somehow messed up. I tried re-booting again & re-checked the settings once more, with absolutely no joy. I then selected Roon player which worked absolutely fine (notwithstanding I don’t really like the sound). After that I had another attempt to get Squeeze player up & running again & encountered no problem. I figured it was just me as I’m far from being the most adept with these things.

Sometimes you need to do things a couple of times to get things running smoothly. No explanation for this, it sort of probably shouldn’t happen but it does and when fixed, smoothly ever after.

1 Like

Confirming that Squeezelite player shows up in Roon for a short moment and goes away - after selecting Shairport in my case. This looks like a bug :confused:

Hi, All
Your LMS server (Squeeze server) must be turned off.

Good point. It looks like it’s off and only Roon server app is active.

With the release of the latest updates, I stopped listening to music. EX returns today from the dealer (installed the software). After installing 3.12, CX stopped seeing Roon and Squeez. Why can’t you just turn it on and enjoy ??? I stamp my feet.

You are probably a few short steps away and no doubt Mark will assist. Shame your dealer didn’t help enough! These machines are a little step away from plug and play but for that you get great SQ. There is a modest amount of input required, you will get help, all you need is a little more patience. It can be frustrating but it’s very close. Hang on in there!

2 Likes

Thanks for your support. :ok_hand:

Please send me the code to update my DX3

If you require software upgrade from 2.8 or below, please book an appointment here

And ensure that you have the remote access support software installed, instructions here

Otherwise if you leave your server on overnight it will receive the update.
If not, please refer back to booking a remote session.

1 Like