AMSv4.2 Released

Sorry for the confusion. I’m using a mobile browser.

What happens if you click on the update button?

When I hit update it says the server cannot be found. My network is working fine, I rebooted my router and switches and the K50 is on and appears to be connected. It is still able to act as the Roon core for other Roon endpoints.

Hi Mark,
Did you already try to disable " Squeezebox Support" in Roon wait a little and then enable “Squeezebox Support” again?

Thanks, I did. I think it is a connectivity issue with the updated app. I cannot connect any longer to the server, seems a bit like the issue with the 4.0 upgrade that certain users had.

That happened to me on an earlier update with my EX. A forum member suggested making a custom setting. This allowed me to set options as I wished.

If there are no presets in the drop down menu, then the update has not installed correctly.
This will need to be remedied via remote access support.
Make an appointment 1 On 1 Help - Antipodes
And ensure that you have the remote access support software installed.
Antipodes Remote Support

Mark
Thank you so much for your help. Your service is outstanding.
Mark

2 Likes

I installed 4.2 on both CX and EX this morning and now i have reliability issues. Music playback stops at random.

I am using Roon and HQ Player.

It loses connection to the DAC every time I turn on the system. Nightmare.

I have to go in and restart HQ Player on the server and restart HQ Player NAA EVERY TIME. This is a massive inconvenience compared to 4.1 where everything just worked without needing to faff around restarting HQ Player every time I want to use the system.

How did this get past QC testing? I am cursing myself for doing this upgrade.

Can we please get a bug fix urgently, if not an option to reinstall 4.1?

Check the HQPlayer license. It is likely running in trial mode. Try reapplying your license.

Thanks Kenny, it had indeed lost the license and reverted to a trial license. I will report later today if that fixes the problem with playing music on startup.

To the antipodes team: can I please request that AMS updates do not completely reset the settings of HQP (and other apps)? There must be some way of making a backup of the settings file in the installation process, so that the settings are automatically reconfigured when the new AMS is installed.

When I update the IOS on my ipad all of my saved settings for all apps are restored. I don’t see why AMS can’t be the same.

1 Like

You could always do this manually before applying the update. A good practice to get into.

Apple might have a few more employees than Antipodes. :grinning:

Thanks Kenny.

I didn’t know there was a way to make a backup of HQP settings, which can be restored after updating. Is this documented anywhere?

What threw me off was that some AMS updates don’t seem to reset HQP settings and others do. Perhaps this was because a new version of HQP was included in this release. The updates are infrequent enough not to remember all the various pitfalls.

Confirming that all my playback problems have been solved by re linking the HQP license file.

I appreciate that the Antipodes team is small but any efforts to make the upgrade process smoother would be much appreciated.

I hope Antipodes are giving you a nice discount on your new Oladra :wink: as thanks for your valuable contribution on the support forums. Much appreciated.

Probably. I tend not to refer to documentation unless I can’t figure out what something does. This one seemed pretty straightforward. I try to backup my configuration once I land on settings I like.

Yay! Thanks for letting me know.

That’s good feedback for Antipodes. They could probably script the steps of backing up and then restoring the configuration as part of upgrading HQPlayer (or any of the apps). But I’d rather that they work on things that improve sound quality.

We quite clearly stated in the release notes that there was an HQPlayer server update.
Your licence is with Signalyst, just as your Roon licence is with Roon, and Minim with Minim etc, we have no control of the licence.
I hear what you are saying, however in the current form of OS the original app is deleted and the new app installed, it is not simply laying one over the other, or updating the files of the previous version.
For this reason we have stopped updating Roon in our OS, as it seems to create issues for folks who have not performed a back up, and Roon manages this without the need for a re-install of the app, this is not available thru Signalyst.
As far as a HQPlayer back-up is concerned, I would of thought a simple insertion of licence or re-set of your settings would be way easier than faffing around with a back-up, its not like there are a million settings, just my thoughts.

1 Like

Thanks Mark, you are probably right. What would make it easier would be clearer documentation of what steps are needed after an AMS update.

I know there was mention of needing to restart HQ Player server and NAA but I did not appreciate that the license file would be delinked.

Cheers,
Andrew

1 Like

Since AMSv4.2 was released, I do not have the possibility to digital output on my EX-P2. It is fixed on analog output ans digital doesn’t appear in choices menu.
How can I resolv this ?
Thanks in advance for your help
David
Capture d’écran 2023-01-31 à 21.35.10|689x418

Hi there the P2 is USB powered, do you have the USB in 5v ON?

Hi
Yes - No change than before updating.
I’have tried on blue port and same issue.
I’have plugged EX directly on dac with USB and then USB XMOS appear in output menu but no sound while Roon play (Dac on usb Input) (?).
I have changed the USB cable and no result.
I have reboot several times all the network system etc…
Thanks in advance for our appointment

Is this issue solved?