AMSv4.2 Released

Just cancelled my appointment. Finally I shut down the K30 with the button on the back. After switching it on again, it booted and with v4.2 installed. Probably not the nicest way to update but it worked.

1 Like

We have K50 here with AMSv4.2 all dashboards and utilisation working perfectly.
Can you please clear your browser cache. Re-start your browser.
Also which browser is in use?

@MarkCole
In my case I use Safari which I know can be extremely fussy anyway. Although for my purposes it doesn’t actually matter whether CPU indication works or not, should time allow I’ll try & check with some other browsers & report back.

I do recall that CPU usage indication initially worked with Safari when first introduced in the dashboards & before AMSv4.2 though. However, I never actually checked other than the once. It should also be noted that Safari itself has also been updated on more than one occasion since that first CPU usage facility was introduced too.

Just for further info, clearing my browser cache & re-starting it, makes no difference.

We are optimized for Chrome.
When playing back a 24/44.1 track via Qobuz, there is an initial burst of CPU usage, but once it is playing there is no CPU usage.
Upsampling using HQPlayer and Roon for a 16/44.1 track to 384 gives 6% CPU usage

2 Likes

The CPU and memory gauges seem to be working on the K50server. The player shows 0%, but hopefully that’s accurate and Squeeze isn’t doing much.

A graph over time might be a better way to display CPU and memory as seeing it bounce around might provide a better sense that it is working.

By switching to Chrome & adding a few background processes (just for test purposes), I can see the server CPU usage does now register. Not much, which is good, but at least it confirms the monitoring is working as intended.

1 Like

Chrome really is required :+1::nerd_face:

I updated using safari for my K50 and it went with no issues. btw I also would request cpu utilisation over a graph by time :slight_smile:

All good here with my S30. Now.

I had a power failure with the S30 powered up via the S60 and the next time I turned it on I had issues. No sound and no Network presence but Roon was playing Qobuz tracks via the S30.

After the old power off and on solution I had a Network presence and was able to see via the mobile app that the update was ready to go.
That took about 30 seconds and after the re-boot there was still no sound.

I accessed the Solutions page to check both the player and server status.
The player status on there was set to Squeeze only so I changed that to Roon and Squeeze and voila! Sound!

So, this is a thumbs up for the simple update procedure and a BIG thumbs up for the mobile app and the streamlined and intuitive interaction available therein.

1 Like

Any ideas what happened to the graphical UI from Logitech Media Server/Squeeze Server? This only happened after 4.2. I thought it would go away after a few days, but I still have this issue.

Clear your browser cache.

Thank you so much for the quick reply!
First thing I did and still no luck

Same result regardless of browser? If so, see if you can change the “web interface”. You’ll find this under Server settings. Change it to something other than Material Skin, then change it back. Thus should get it to reload.

1 Like

Huh… Material Skin option doesn’t even show up. Thank you again for the help and support.

It’s a plugin. Make sure it’s checked.

1 Like

Perfect. You’re the man! I wonder how things got disabled after the update… hmmm…

I’m thinking that maybe the upgrade wasn’t able to pull down all the required packages during the upgrade. If you encounter any other oddities, consider booking time with Antipodes to have the process applied again.

2 Likes

Hello,

strange situation with my K50…

Installed 4.2 about a week ago without any problem.
K50 was running with Roon-server / Squeeze-player until yesterday, have to unplugged it for an hour during installation of other hifi-gear.
Then powerd it on - “upgrade” was shown on the solution board?

Make the updates for the player (was on 4.0???) and reboot it some times.

After that, the K50 is found on the network over “My Antipodes”:

“Open” shows an empty screen with the ip-adress of the player:

The Server with ip 50 shows this:

Leave the K50 on over night.
Have it powerd off this morning completely and pulled of power cord.
After powering on, same situation.

Already cleared browser cache (Chrom) under windows, same with iPad pro and Safari.

In Roon, the player is configured and plays without problems…

Any idea?
Thanks.

Are you blocked from listening? Or do you need to get to the solution dashboard to make changes?

You can still make changes from the v3 dashboard. That’s what’s pictured in your screenshots from your server. I recommend you use that to get music playing then just book a service appointment in the new year.

No, the player is working…

Leave the K50 on the whole day for burn in.
Coming home now - the dashboard is back again:

Server is on 4.2, Player on 4.0:

Think, I will stay to this.
Just Worte to Mark and wait what he suggest.

atb, Tom