AMSv4 Software Preview - Updated With Guides

@MarkCole Strange thing on my EX this morning. Dashboard does not show any options. Refreshing once in awhile says no dac connected. But…. it is still configured as NAA (not squeeze as shown) and plays fine. Screen also shows that an update is available but can’t connect to server.

I’ve rebooted several times, cleared browser cache, removed and replaced cable, powered done EX and dac but to no avail.

Exceedingly weird indeed @Progisus
Please book an appointment

Hi Progisus, I had a similar (but not same) problem on my EX and sent a PM to Mark about it.

Can you try to manually change the output (should ask you to define a new preset, just do so) to see if this unblocks your EX

Toggling the “Enable Squeezebox Support” button off and on doesn’t work in my setup. I actually have to choose another preset and then switch preset back to squeeze player with roon server. No problem but good to know for other users.

Changing the output had no change BUT…. I was able to create a new preset first and then setup it’s player and server as I wanted. The default presets did not show up after, only my new preset. I’ll probably get Marc and co. to check it out tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip.

I have upgraded to AMSv4 on my K50. Works fine without any problems.

Hy Folks,

new to Antipodes with a used K50.
Have to upgrade from 3.11 to 4.0 in several steps - all works fine.

atb, Tom

how do you manually update to v4 - if you dont want to wait for the overnight automatic update that is

You cannot, you need to leave the server on overnight.
You can try and cheat the system by setting your timezone to somewhere close to 3am in the world and waiting.
Or book a appointment for remote access support and we can do it for you.

2 Likes

Hi, some questions:

• if updating a CX/EX is there a particular order in which it needs to be done?
  • Has there been any bug fix releases since the rollout? I see it is still offering me 4.0. If not, when is the first bug fix release planned?
  • I see that there is no longer any way to look at the Player dashboard before doing the upgrade. If I click ‘Player dashboard’ Then ‘Upgrade later’ it shows me the Server dashboard, not the Player dashboard.
  • What is the status of the bug reported by Cereal Killer?
1 Like

@andrewd I had a 1 -2- 1 session with Mark last week. They are now aware it isnt a user error and are working on the issue i rasied a few weeks ago. Basically the issue that needs fixing is; with the CX you can’t turn the player software off in AMSv4 as you could with AMSv3xx - Mark said they’ll come back to me with a patch soon.

4 Likes

@andrewd
Updating, EX then CX
No bug fixes at this point, being worked thru.

As @cereal_killer mentioned we are working on the issue that affects CX.
However, the issue is only relevant if you have a CX in isolation, ie. using a CX only, if you are using a CX and EX in combination then it isn’t really relevant, it is still there but not noticeable.

All Antipodes Servers are run as Server Player with AMSv4, the server service is off when set to none, the player services are off when apps set to none.

In a CX / EX combo, management of both is undertaken from the Solution Dashboard on the Player (EX)
In the Solution Dashboard, the server is set to CX, and a preset selected to set your server and player apps.
Management of the server is then undertaken from the server tab in the solution dashboard (EX)
Access of the CX dashboards via CX is not required at all, and are superfluous, via myantipodes.com
This is why access to myantipodes is from http://antipodes.online

If you require assistance, don’t hesitate to make an appointment, and I can run the upgrade via remote.

1 Like

Hi, one more question before doing the upgrade.

What do I need to do with Roon?
Do I need to log out of the core before upgrading?

No, nothing, i believe the update is all front end and changes nothing on roon server

1 Like

Anything changed today???

My EX seems to have no server dashboard anymore !!!

Player page shows the below (D2???)

Source is set to NONE

thanks Mark, i should have noticed it …

Any idea what caused it though?

Just curious as to why amsv4 isn’t downloadable in my antipodes for my oladra upgrade dx3. Second im very nervous to update anyways with the problems from others im told on discussion forums. So while i wonder why this update process seems unreliable, and i don’t want to send my unit to denver again, do we have to update anyways. Can i just stick with 3.14 for the long run?

Just learned to live with the loss of default presets as I didn’t use them anyway. Maybe next upgrade they will return.

Your source is set to NONE.