AMSv4 Software Preview - Updated With Guides

There is no software reboot, all reboot is done via the front button.

Hi Mark, been a while, busy and getting to know AMSv4. I run roon server and squeeze player or squeeze - squeeze.
Weird thing is the CX seems to run a bit cooler after this latest update. As if things are running a with a little less effort?

I will book a remote session soon if my work gets a little less busy. We will then check the temperature sensor.

There are a couple of ā€œtidy upā€ bits to complete, the temp sensor is one.
These will roll out in a small future update, to be confirmed. Will advise once I have the information.

Iam using the S30 from server dashboard and player dashboard and restart the squeeze from player dashboard . yes i have SSD installed ,I only listen to ripped CDs ripped to internal SSD and music is located at storage/music .
I will book a session some time

You do not use the Server Dashboard, the Player Dashboard manages all operations.
Look forward to assisting.

@MarkCole @antipodes any update on my post (link below)?

I know for a fact Iā€™m not the only one with this issueā€¦ !!

Make a booking for remote access support to remedy.
At this point you are the only one Iā€™m logging into fix this particular issue, so if the facts are thereā€™s more out there, let me know.
From what Iā€™m seeing there is a lack of understanding on the management of a two server setup and management from the player dashboard, your issue differs to this.

@markcole theres other whoā€™ve PMā€™d me with the same issueā€¦ trust me this is a bug not a user errorā€¦ unless we are all making the same mistake that is.

Like I said, book a time for the fix, your issue differs from others I have seen.
If there are any further people requiring a fix, please PM me rather than cereal_killer

@MarkCole
Hello Mark,
I think I have found another glitch, but I have a work around.
Switching between Squeeze player and Roon Server to Squeeze Auto and back again.
Problem is when I switch back to Squeeze player and Roon server the player is not available.
In Roon the LMS player search cannot find the player, the work around is to go to the server settings and select Squeeze and then deselect it in the AMS software and then Roon after a little while will find the player.
This happens on the Oladra and K50 in two different systems.
My guess is that on switching back and forth the LMS server does not close correctly?

1 Like

I have this same issue. For me switching to roon - roon preset and than switching back to roon server - squeeze player does the trick. Kind of similar to your findings.

It works but a little workaround is needed.

This isnā€™t a glitch per se, Roon has a problem with finding Squeeze when the ā€œEnable Squeezebox Supportā€ button found in Roon/Settings/Setup is already enabled.
Toggle the ā€œEnable Squeezebox Supportā€ button off and on and Squeeze becomes available.

1 Like

I have a problem or lack of understanding with the custom presets. Example: K30

I set up my custom configuration and it states I need to create a new preset. I do this and continue my setup. Everything works as I want. In my preset roon is server, hqplayer is server and roon is player. (hqplayer plays to remote naa).

I select a default preset, Mpd, minidlna. It sets up correctly except it leaves hqplayer server running. I shutdown hqplayer server and use mpd.

Now I select my custom preset and it loads except it leaves minidlna running and does not start hqplayer.

This is done from the solutiion dashboard.

It seems to load server apps as required but then not unload them. There should be a save button on the new preset setup as well.

@Progisus yes, I have this as well. Each preset launches its own app but selecting a new preset does not close down / unload the apps from the previous preset thereby necessitating a manual cleaning up operation. I dont know how difficult it would be to get each preset to close down any not selected apps but it would be very useful.

1 Like

We discussed this in house when making the Dashboard.
And decided to leave the de-selection of Server App up to the user.
There are a multitude of possibilities, for example, if you run PLEX, then you need to make custom pre-set for all the auto pre-sets, we decided no to go down this root.
So a single click to de-select a server app is too much?

Not at all. I just understood a custom preset would set up things as one wanted. I also like to unload unused programs for sonic reasons. If a person used several scenarios, all server apps could be running eventually.

1 Like

Hi Mark,
Great work on the new softwareā€¦and not wishing to complain.
BUT whats the point of being able to toggle between presets when one has to do manual clean up afterwards to get Roon working or other applications to close?
Love the new dashboards much better than expected.

There is a case to make this stick for USER PRESTS, definitely not for Auto.
Look into it, for the moment its one extra click :slight_smile:

So the ā€œAutoā€ presets are not Auto?
20 mins of faffing around this weekend :sweat_smile:

OMG, you guys are killing me

2 Likes