Antipodes Audio AMSv5 Release Information

AES is not an option for me as I upscale my music.

1 Like

The Squeeze server app restart through the Dashbiard did not resolve. Have also repeated the trouble shooting steps (restarting the router and k50) 3 times with the same error message with the correct server IP address. Sigh…

@DesertRat66,

One of the drivers for me choosing to upgrade my K50 was the addition of USB reclocking. Prior to upgrading, I much preferred AES over USB in my system. My USB cable had been a Triode Wire Labs (TWL) one that I have had for a number of years. Pricing on it was very modest, yet it held as very similar to one I trialed that was nearly 4x the price. Still, I though USB presentation was more mechanical and less involving than my AES (Sablon). I held off on further cable pursuit till my K50 was upgraded. After multiple hundreds of playing hours on the K50 G4, I believe the USB results improved, but thought I would once again explore improved cable. While several were on my radar, I thought I would first evaluate the TWL newest USB, the “Passion”. I have purchased a variety of TWL products over the years and pricing was a 1/3 to 1/4 of others on my radar. I have been quite pleased with it. I am not denying that some of these other, pricier cables may provide even more desirable results, but the Passion presentation has been very satisfying and will hold pat on additional USB cables for the present.

I still very much like my Sablon AES and listen to it as well, but no longer feel I need to use it for more ease, flow, and immersion in the music. Prior to upgrade and new cable, I primarily used the AES on Squeeze, but was frustrated when higher rate DSD and DXD (beyond AES limitations) would come up in a random playlist, but I would only get silence till the next selection. I am currently using USB now to avoid that, yet still quite pleased with the listening results.

1 Like

Perhaps the K50 is different from the K41? Unless I’m mistaken (entirely possible) I understand there is no re-clocking with the use of USB in the K41. I could swear I’d read that in the specs.

G4 added reclocking of USB.

1 Like

https://antipodes.support/t/antipodes-audio-updated-range-and-upgrade-program-july-2023/1583

1 Like

Hmmm, update not going well stuck once at 67% then seemed to start again now stuck at 33%. Msg says " At least 1411MB more space needed on the / filesystem

The K41 is a Server only and uses Network and DirectStream ethernet connections. I do not believe the K41 has USB output nor AES; the USB connections on the K41 are for the Ripper and for connecting external disks.

The K41 is the server-only section of the K50, it has Ethernet out only.
All other Kala K Series G4 have reclocked, re-generated and isolated USB

2 Likes

Mark Cole got my K50 up and running in short order just now. Much appreciated! Listening to music at 2AM. (very quietly) I don’t want to turn it off.
The myAntipodes.com and the Antipodes app on my iPad/iPhone work now and quickly show the solutions dashboard.

4 Likes

I had the 67 issue on my EX too but Mark just sorted it all out as usual. I have never in my life experienced this level of customer service !

Looking forward to discover if there is indeed an improvement to the squeeze sound in my system :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello,
I upgraded last night my S30. The first screen “update in progress” never stopped. After 3 hours I shut it down and switched off the S30. And the S30 is no longer recognized. When I connect it to the DAC, the connection light goes on and off regularly.
I HAVE LOST MY S30…

Improvement in SQ, I did not notice yet.
But that also has to do with the fact that I recently added a Puritan (still in break-in).
My most used combination is Roon server Squeeze player.

1 Like

No you have not. My S30 updated without problems. Please do as the others did:

Too many really bad stories here.
I do hope this has not gone unnoticed by senior Antipodes management.
My update was very traumatic too.

We need a better solution next time or this will ruin Antipodes’s reputation.

Can’t we update from an image downloaded to a usb memory stick?
This may resolve issues where progress just stalls.
Mine stalled at 33% when doing the Server update

I know that some owners experienced no issues but far too many had a bad experience.

BTW
Ultimately worth the pain because this release is a massive success.

Looking forward to v5 updates, but PLEASE, do it bit by bit in small changes and I’m sure it will be successful

Any failure is unacceptable to be honest.
We cannot be across everyone in the world’s environment, not making an excuse, but that is the reality.
We spent an absolute age on this release and outcome to date is disappointing for some elation for others.
Sometimes an unknown can rear up, and is what has occurred here.
Best laid plans of mice and men.
No one wants to have a hassle, least of all us, we all should be listening to music.

We apologise to all users who have experienced a problem with AMSv5 install, rest assured we are working hard here to remedy the issues.

1 Like

I have exactly the same situation with my K50 - I have already booked a remote session for next Wednesday.

atb, Tom

1 Like

We have dis-abled the update to AMSv5 until we get a grasp on the issues that people are experiencing.

If you have a problem, book a remote support session. I am working thru clearing the current queue

2 Likes

Thank you, I hope I don’t lose my S30 and in fact it’s a cll for a remote session from Mark Cole. Witch I just did

Thanks @MarkCole , I appreciate the honest response

2 Likes