Antipodes Audio AMSv5 Release Information

Improvement in SQ, I did not notice yet.
But that also has to do with the fact that I recently added a Puritan (still in break-in).
My most used combination is Roon server Squeeze player.

1 Like

No you have not. My S30 updated without problems. Please do as the others did:

Too many really bad stories here.
I do hope this has not gone unnoticed by senior Antipodes management.
My update was very traumatic too.

We need a better solution next time or this will ruin Antipodes’s reputation.

Can’t we update from an image downloaded to a usb memory stick?
This may resolve issues where progress just stalls.
Mine stalled at 33% when doing the Server update

I know that some owners experienced no issues but far too many had a bad experience.

BTW
Ultimately worth the pain because this release is a massive success.

Looking forward to v5 updates, but PLEASE, do it bit by bit in small changes and I’m sure it will be successful

Any failure is unacceptable to be honest.
We cannot be across everyone in the world’s environment, not making an excuse, but that is the reality.
We spent an absolute age on this release and outcome to date is disappointing for some elation for others.
Sometimes an unknown can rear up, and is what has occurred here.
Best laid plans of mice and men.
No one wants to have a hassle, least of all us, we all should be listening to music.

We apologise to all users who have experienced a problem with AMSv5 install, rest assured we are working hard here to remedy the issues.

1 Like

I have exactly the same situation with my K50 - I have already booked a remote session for next Wednesday.

atb, Tom

1 Like

We have dis-abled the update to AMSv5 until we get a grasp on the issues that people are experiencing.

If you have a problem, book a remote support session. I am working thru clearing the current queue

2 Likes

Thank you, I hope I don’t lose my S30 and in fact it’s a cll for a remote session from Mark Cole. Witch I just did

Thanks @MarkCole , I appreciate the honest response

2 Likes

@MarkCole I have an update? From AMSv5.0.0 ? Already? Is this correct?

edit I will ignore, per the response above.

Usually an update can not physically damage your hardware. In the rare event it will, it can not be your responsibility (unless you did not follow the instructions and that does not seem to be the case here).
Patience is key, but rest assured, Antipodes will deliver when it’s your turn. Remember, the customer service at Antipodes is exceptional, as everyone here can attest. Trust me, they’ve got it under control. Soon, you and everyone else still awaiting it will enjoy AMSv5

1 Like

If you are on AMSv5 and click on that update button, it will quickly zoom to 100%, and say AMSv5 is already installed.
It has been disabled temporarily.

@watts

YES, you are on v5

In fairness to Antipodes & whilst I sympathise with those suffering issues, it’s not exactly unknown for software updates to cause problems. I’ve experienced similar issues even with a previous Apple MacBook Pro, which was rendered totally unusable & there was certainly no option of a remote support call to attempt a fix.

4 Likes

Hi @Chilli ,
You’re correct, there’s always a possibility of exceptions. However, my point is that if such an exception arises, based on my experience and that of many users, Antipodes will handle it, not the customer.
That’s the crucial difference here.

1 Like

Hi @terrycym ,
Just a heads up, you’re currently number 8 in line, with 7 ahead of you on this page for the past 4 days. However, it’s worth noting that reading from this same page, besides 8 of you, all the other previous cases have been swiftly resolved, or the customers are highly satisfied with the update.

I’m confident that Antipodes will take all feedback seriously, including the challenges some customers have faced with the recent update. As you can see from the discussion above, senior management at @antipodes is fully aware of the situation and is actively working to address any issues. It’s evident that they understand the importance of maintaining their reputation and are dedicated to finding better solutions for future updates. We’re witnessing their commitment in action.

1 Like

My initial impression of HQPlayer 5 is positive. I’ve not yet compared to Squeeze.

Bump post

There is an update button, but it won’t do anything until we turn the service back on

4 Likes

@MarkCole - I really appreciate the quick response, your personal support, and the commitment from antipodes as a company.

While it’s frustrating to be without my streamer (an Intel NUC filling in is a poor substitute), I understand that these things can happen, especially when you have a global user base if using your device in a variety of environments.

For the future it would be great to have some equivalent to the rescue disk on a laptop - a flash drive you could plug in and restore it to a known good version of the software. Just an idea.

I really appreciate what you are doing - usually it’s only in a time of crisis that you find out who you can rely on. And from my vantage point you guys have done great throughout this situation.

Thank you!

3 Likes

In considering updates for the future, keep in mind: you hold the reins. Instant updates aren’t obligatory. If you’re short on time or not ready to troubleshoot, consider waiting a week. By then, most initial issues are often resolved thanks to feedback from other users. Whether it’s Apple or Antipodes, major updates can bring challenges. So, take your time, prioritize your convenience, and update when you’re ready.

It’s worth noting that patience will be key again this year, given the anticipated influx of updates!

5 Likes

That was my idea too Paul but I couldn’t resist the curiosity :upside_down_face: