Antipodes Audio AMSv5 Release Information

have restarted the router, modem a number of times, no luck. I have been having a few testing times post ams5 update.

I have now turned off the k41, unplugged the ethernet and had a full power down.

powered back up and the k41 is appearing on the pc and mac.

fingers crossed

3 Likes

I just noticed an update icon for squeeze today, and looks like the Tidal plugin works. I don’t use it so don’t really care, but was curious after reading your post and tried to install it, and like you, I could not. Now I can. Note that the plugin is now v1.0.0, and not v0.9.0. See if you have a suggestion to update/restart on the top right 3 dots.

1 Like

For the benefit of those non-technical here (me!) - where exactly did you see that and what did you have to do to get an update icon.

Thanks!

Mine had a blue dot over the 3 dots to indicate an update was available- if it is not there you can refresh the page to see if it pops up.
You then click on those 3 dots to bring up information, then click a button saying “restart” just like the “server settings” button below- sorry I didn’t take a picture of the page before updating. The information page below shows server and player versions- I am still on the same version as before, 8.3.1, but it updated the Tidal plugin-

Thanks!
A really bit of info to know

I reworded the above- it’s a little more clear now. I don’t exactly know what you just meant here, or if you have updated this squeeze app before or not, but all you need to do is 2 clicks and wait- a message pops up saying “updating- wait a minute” the music will stop after the update, and then you just hit play again.

This is just to update our Squeeze app of course, to get the Tidal plugin you need to add that Tidal option, but the instructions for that are above from PaulW a while back I believe…

edit: Found it here: Late to the party - #6 by PaulW

I think Mark was saying that you
can not update to the latest version of LMS yourself
but that version 8.4 will be part of the next AMSv5.x update.

Enjoy your music in the meantime!

I can’t get it to update
In Material > Settings > Server i enabled the a]Atomaticcaly check for updates & the auto download option too.
When I pressed Download it told me v8.4.0-0 was availed but I’m pretty sure I can’t install it.
How did you manage to install it?
Thanks

Tidal is back for me. ver 1.0.0. LMS is still at 8.3 . The tidal developer has made it work with previous versions.

It worked all the time here. Good for you it’s back!

Not sure what you are referring to. The offline version of Tidal has not worked for a couple weeks.

Just trying to help, wasn’t aware it was about the ‘offline’ feature.

Let me ensure I understand correctly: In offline mode, you’re essentially storing albums locally, akin to how you would on your phone. Then, you can play them from a local server, even with the Ethernet disconnected, in theory (except for a controller point/device through for example a Wi-Fi access point), The main advantage here is that there’s no reliance on an online connection, potentially enhancing the sound quality. Is that the correct understanding?

The offline version means you do not need a mysqueezebox account. That is being closed down soon. Many have deleted their account in anticipation.

1 Like

Step 1: Go to server settings>plugins and you should see this:

Click on both Tidal plugins, save.

Why did you save both? The logitech one is not required.

Antipodes Audio has taken the opportunity to advance myantipodes development during the AMSv5 downtime.

We will have scheduled myantipodes downtime and maintenance in the coming week, watch for more specific announcements closer to the day.

We appreciate everyones patience as we move thru this development phase.

7 Likes

Thank you for keeping us in the loop and informed

PLANNED MAINTENANCE

On April 7th & 8th 07/4/24 10:00 pm - 2:00 am GMT (4 hours) Antipodes Audio has a planned maintenance to My Antipodes.

This will impact performance on detecting your machines and we do not recommend using My Antipodes until maintenance has finished.

You may use myantipodes.com or the iOS & Android app however after the maintenance is over we recommend you restart your machine.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

3 Likes

Hi @antipodes,
Two months following the AMSv5.0 update, Antipodes has a maintenance scheduled. My understanding was that the ambitious update lasted a couple of days, during which some users, including myself, successfully updated without any issues. However, it was then put on hold until this scheduled maintenance.

Given the announcements for 2024, I’m left wondering what occurred during the past two months and how the future updates for 2024 will unfold. Will they be scheduled maintenance updates, or will there be specific moments when users are prompted to install subsequent versions of AMSv5.x?

@PaulW

Some users had issues with AMSv5 install, some did not, the actual software is brilliant, the installation is where the problem occurred for a small sub-set of users.

We have taken our time to remedy this. Part of this remedy involves maintenance to myantipodes.

Maintenance on the 7th / 8th is for myantipodes and our servers that run that service only.
All servers can access the AMS Dashboard using the alternate myantipodes.com during the downtime

Software updates will be as per normally communicated and be available in the AMS Dashboard, nothing has changed there.

We still have work to do, before re-enabling AMSv5, we are simply stepping thru the process, maintenance is step one.

So long story short, Maintenance is different from Update.

6 Likes