Antipodes Audio AMSv5 Release Information

@erolo Schedule a support session

So, today’s the day? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just got up here in my country, so no idea if an update is available or not yet, but companies need to be cautious publishing a date such as this down in writing. Age old slogan I recall that does wonders regarding customer service experience is: “under promise and over deliver”.

It is not helpful to indicate that an update is coming without a timetable.
(And if an update has been postponed, provide a notification of this)
A welcome addition to the dashboard would be the “version” of the update.

For now we have to wait and visit the site everyday. :wink:

The following has been indicated “Anticipate AMSv5.01 to be released on 22 April, as always this date is our target and subject to change.” Since it is subject to change, maybe it has been changed?

Yes
Due to several unforeseen circumstances.
It will be some time before the AMSv5 release is released for everyone, no current ETA
If you would like to have AMSv5 installed manually please make an appointment for remote support.

5 Likes

I’m certainly interested in the upgrade but am unable to book a remote session as the web page refuses to open.

Just tried and working for me

Could you possibly send me link? Thanks.

Managed to book an appointment!

1 Like

Version 5.6.0 of HQPlayer 5 was released last week. It contains a new feature described as “DAC specific output correction”. Few specifics have been shared about this but it seems that there has been some tuning for a small subset of DACs. FYI to @MarkCole as maybe this can still make it into the upcoming AMS 5 release.

https://signalyst.com/dac-correction-support/

1 Like

I noted that in the HQPlayer release notes as well. Very interesting…

May be much ado about nothing…

1 Like

Perhaps more merit with some DACs than others, potentially…

“So it seems that basically the DAC corrections are small adjustments to compensate for whatever analog filter the DAC may be using that would otherwise cause a very slightly non-flat FR?”

Hello, I had a remote session with Mark last night and he fixed the dashboard problem on my Oladra and loaded AMSv5 at the same time. Now I have 50% incorrect photos for album artists in Material Skin. Oladra, iPad, iPhone have been restarted several times and the Safari cache deleted. New, but incorrect photos appear every time I start. The database in Oladra has been deleted and rescanned. Always new, incorrect photos. Does anyone have any ideas before I completely lose interest in this hobby.

Almost all of the artist images are wrong and when I press an artist the loading circle spins and has been going on for several hours. With every new update the function gets worse. Everything worked once.

It’s a bug that seems to have been introduced with AMS 5. We’ve been hoping a fix will arrive when AMS 5.1 is released.

Hello all, I’m also hoping the new software will resolve the problem of Squeeze that keeps defaulting back to “Analog Out” with every start-up. It’s really annoying having to switch this back to digital USB output repeatedly.

You need to go to the dashboard after every restart to set the dashboard.

Why can’t it remember the setting the user has selected?
I’ve noticed this too. Makes me panic thinking the K50 is broken until t]I realise it’s set itself to what it thinks is needed.
Totally not necessary and ought to be fixed at some stage