CD rip another way

I,
when i rip in cd…by default it goes to … storage … music … flac.
so we can send it to another way.
Ex: storage… music… flac… my music
if yes explain me in detail…
thank you

Hi there, NO is the answer. Storage/Music/flac is the default location for Rips and is not changeable

okay. I rip the CD… …recover it in Flac and drag it into my D2 My music file…it’s ok ?

As long as the files are beneath storage/music they will get scanned and show up in your music library.

Out of interest which compression level does the AMS software rip to, if any?

Rips to Uncompressed flac

1 Like

What do you think or have found using uncompressed FLAC offers over industry standard level 5 compression?

1 Like

I have the same question… I’ve just ripped (James Blake) to both and will have a listen later (485 MB vs 218 MB).

2 Likes

Did you hear any differences?

I was hoping nobody would ask…
I actually found the FLAC 5 clearer than uncompressed. I’ll see if I can repeat. It was blind, it was not exhaustive and it was using Roon. I’ll try with squeeze as well.
Sorry to take so long, I’m all mouth and no action… Mark?

I’ve tried both and cannot hear any difference. This is via roonserver. Both files present the same dynamic data within room. My system is; AMS CX on 3.12 and Dutch & Dutch 8c’s.

What cable are you using between these two? And which power cords?

With uncompressed there is much less stress (computer chip wise) then with compressed. The CPU has to deal with the calculation…

It’s a desktop i7 !! It not even using 0.5% of its capacity to decompress the FLAC file