I guess we are waiting for HQP5 to be tested by your team, Mark, before it upgrades itself?
My understanding is that Hq player updates are only done when there is a general update on antipodes software —
We are guided by the OS support offered by Signalyst.
As such this will be a wee wait.
Is there an update on when the latest version of HQP will be incorporated into the Antipodes ‘HQP plus Roon’ option?
Signalyst has in their wisdom, stopped supporting Fedora versions pre-Fedora 37.
All Antipodes servers will require a kernel update for HQP5 to be compatible.
We anticipate this to be available on AMSv5.1
We are in the process of readying AMSv5.0 for release…
AMS Version 5.0.0
- Updated Fedora OS
- Updated Third Party Software
- Updated security features
- New Antipodes Dashboard Interface
- New Locking Feature
- New Server App Management
- Improved AMS Updates
- New and extensive changes to backend software logic
- New PHP Dashboard Interface that combines: Solution, Server & Player Dashboards
- New PHP for Update Dashboard
- Updated Fedora OS version 36
- Updated Squeezelite 1.9.9
- Updated Logitech Media Server version 8.3.1
- Updated Skin for Logitech Media Server (Material Skin)
- Updated HQ Player version 4.34.2 - Getting ready for HQ Player 5
- Updated Minim Server version 2.2
- Updated mini DLNA version 1.3.2
- Updated Music Player Daemon (MPD) version 0.23.12
- Updated Plex Media Server version 1.32.5
- Updated Antipodes File Manager 1.2
- Squeezebox server fixes
- Improved PGGB support
- Server and Player settings issues removed
- Improved stable connection with Squeezelite client
- Improved music format support
- DSD Method Switching Improvements
- Better backend management of DSD over PCM, Native DSD, and None
- HQ Player App is no longer available on non-AVX machines
- These machines can still run HQ Player as Player machines connected to Server machines with AVX support
- Refer to Guides on how to set this up
- Old Solution, Player, and Server PHP Dashboards Removed
- LibreSpot (Spotify) Removed from dashboard
- For access to Spotify services use Squeeze and log in using the Spotty Plugin
Heck of a series of updates! I’m really excited about the improved PGGB support.
Excited for the update! Curious if my CX & EX are, or are not, AVX machines… I use HQ player with Roon solely so I’m not sure if this would impact me or how….