Network Acoustics Passive Filter, Anyone Have 1st Hand Experience?

Do you think that it actually needed all four weeks to finally arrive at the point where it was fully broken in?

Anybody tried their USB cables?

I tried both the Muon Pro with the Ethernet cable which was already burned in as it was their demo unit. Initially not convinced then tried it over a few days with recordings I knew very well.
The following day I thought it sounded much better in terms of clarity etc, however then replaced with my current SOtM CAT 7 Ethernet cable and absolutely zero difference. I think a lot has to do with your system but more importantly the recordings you are listening to. I tend to listen to acoustic and vocal music such as The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits etc all of which are very well recorded so sound great anyway.
My dealer recently said I had to listen to a new brand called Ideon as they are incredible . I was looking to upgrade my MSB DAC which is incredible and heard the DCS Apex DAC which was similar to my MSB however the Ideon absolutely blew both away by at least 30% in every way. They recommend USB connection which to say sounds sublime is a gross understatement. Clearly they are doing something very different to the well known brands so would rather invest my money where the return is far greater. I assumed wrongly it was my network which was the problem which it clearly isnā€™t .

I found the biggest improvement was in the first 2 weeks with a smaller incremental improvement over the following 2 weeks. Think the Muon works best if you have a noisy network.

@Martin I see that Ideon do DACs from Ā£3.7k GBP up to Ā£43k GBP. Which one did you try?

Also which dCS Apex version DAC did you try? I have only tried the dCS Rossini Apex in my system (which was indeed good) but I marginally preferred the Dave + Mscaler.

Nick, you prefer phoenixnet + oladra over muon pro+ oladra? im also phoneixnet+ oladra and was considering the muon.

can you tell me how you get this working please i.e. hq player 5 + roon on antipodes?

Rob from Muon suggested using the phoenixnet and muon pro at the same time as follows:

Router > ethernet cable > Phoenix net > Muon Pro Streaming Cable (or your best ethernet cable > MUON Pro Filter > Streaming endpoint

As youā€™ll see in the user manual we do recommend using switch as your first line of defence between your router/home network and your streaming system, but as with any active device no matter how good its power supply, the switch will remove some noise but not all and it generates its own. This is why we favour a passive design for our filters, so they sit last in line, removing remaining noise, while adding none of their own and delivering the cleanest possible signal into your streamer.

Would be interested to hear if anyone uses them together in this way.

1 Like

Hello. Iā€™ve also had the Muon Pro filter for 2 weeks. I took the streaming package straight away. Iā€™m very happy with the sound result so far. The K50 plays much more openly and relaxed. The sound comes from the speakers very well. Lots of air between the instruments. I still donā€™t own a switch before the Muon Pro filter. Will be buying/borrowing their Switch starting October 1st. It will be a 2 box solution. Separate power supply. Linear + switching power supply in combination. I could also imagine testing the Muon Pro filter in combination with the Innuos Phoenix Net. In the meantime I switched to Roon. Listen via Roon Audio. No more squeeze. I am completely satisfied with the Roon sound. Roon is significantly better than Squeeze. In its handling, control and flexibility. Significantly less prone to failure than Squeeze. Maybe Squeeze sounds a little better, but in the overall package it doesnā€™t stand a chance against Roon. Just the overview of the settings. Clearly better with Roon. I donā€™t have any connection problems or anything like that with Roon. You can always turn off the K50 server; after turning it on, the Roon app immediately finds the K50. With Squeeze it takes 5 minutes. So itā€™s nonsense to leave the server permanently switched on so that it works more smoothly in the network and can be found by apps. It only makes sense to leave it on due to the internal clock and the general warm-up phase.

Hi Christian

My experience with the Muon filter and Roon is very similar - I actually now prefer the overal sound and obviously the convenience of Roon. Will check out the Muon switch

1 Like