New Roon update

Hi there, I was also on 2.8 (CX) and I had only one Update Process started by Mark, that was very fast Max 10 minutes

1 Like

Does anyone know when Roon updates start to go live…is it 12.00pm EST? This update is one I am keen on.

Roon update to my EX went perfectly. Tidal and Qobuz loading seems faster.

1 Like

I began the 3 stage update process on my CX from 2.7 but I’m currently stuck here at 2.8:

Any suggestions?

The Roon update has been successfully installed on my K30 running AMS 3.1. Seems fine but I haven’t done much with it yet.

2 Likes

@soundserge
follow the instructions here for remote access Remote Access Instructions

Definite performance improvements here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Also here updated to latest Roon version on my EX. Clearly improved performance :ok_hand:t2: :slightly_smiling_face:.

Having had chance to sit & listen further, my system is definitely sounding the best it ever has. I’m currently running in a demo AES/EBU cable & despite that, it was already sounding incredible. However, it does seem to have had a further little lift today, by comparison to when I was listening late last night.

Updated Roon today and maybe I can hear an SQ improvement too even if I only use the S40 as a server. A bit more details coming through.
What do you other say ? :slightly_smiling_face:

@MarkCole I will update my Roon core later today. When you mention ‘performance improvements’ do you mean speed of response etc with the interface or do you mean sound quality improvement?

@Magnuska , with the SQ improvement can I ask what player you were using with Roon? Was it Roon being used as a player/endpoint or are you using something else such as a player like as Squeezelite or HQP?

I will report back myself after I have tried the new Roon.

I thought I heard a sound improvement on the 3.1 upgrade. It sounds very very good.

Another peculiarity is that I think my K50’s SQ improves after 10/15 minutes of playing- awesome to awesomer. It’s the kind of thing one wouldn’t want to own up to noticing as it seems a silly idea. Anyway, I’m shameless…

Roon performance update, I expect its more efficient. As SQ is still a little mysterious I wouldn’t be surprised by an improvement, I doubt they’d ever claim that though, start a row…

Yes I think its best for you to discover for yourself if there is any improvement for you. If you have a K30 K50 with both server and player Linux and use Roon there is a bigger possibility it should be an improvement in Sq. Sometimes you know its easy to mistake different sounding as better sounding

I use s40 as server and Lucas domansky server (windows) as player.

Do not rely on the GUI reboot, try a full physical manual restart of the unit to force the next stage update.
This is what I had to do otherwise it was stuck in the same loop you are seeing.

Thanks. I tried a complete power down followed by a cold boot. I’m afraid I’m still stuck at 2.8. I’ve scheduled a 1:1 support call for later today.

1 Like

@soundserge
Please follow the instructions posted for remote access

I installed Anydesk, set the appropriate permissions on MacOS and scheduled a 1:1 with the desk number included. That should do it, correct?

1 Like

Worked for me. There’s a chat bar when it comes up.

Good luck, Im sure Mark will sort it out for you!

@soundserge Got you see my email :slight_smile: