New Roon update

I might be missing something, but the previous week there was a comment that said V3.1 roll-out will happen before the Roon update on 3rd November. Then if I read correctly it mentions above that the V3.1 will be next week, whereas the 3rd is this week (Sunday).

I must be mis-reading something?

PS - I’ve a K40 and I’m on V3.0

@Celts88 my reading of the posts was that the 3.1 roll out is early THIS week, ie over the next few days. Perhaps @MarkCole will be able to clarify this for you though.

1 Like

@Carlos

The 2019 update is not required to update to AMSv3.1.
If you have followed the instruction, backed up, set time zone, gone and refreshed v2.7 in Software Manager, you are good to go.

1 Like

@Celts88

AMSv3.1 will be rolling out this week.
Make sure you are subscribed to our mailing list :+1:

2 Likes

Mark, just my doh moment not taking into account that the post I read was from last week (I only read it today).

Will wait for the update option to show in myantipodes.com this week

Thanks for the reply :+1:

Also thanks @NickBacon

1 Like

This week! Christmas come early!

Hi Mark,

Can you please comment on implications for HQ Player users. Will the license settings be preserved during the update?

Have you guys done some advance testing of the new Roon version? The last Roon update was a complete train wreck from a stability and reliability standpoint (skipping tracks etc). It took several patches before it was usable.

Cheers,
Andrew

Hi Mark, the above two sentences seems contradictory, do we need to back up music files or not? My library is only small at 150Gb but it took nearly a day the last time I tried to back it up. I have no idea why it was so slow since the Antipodes and the computer I was backing up to are both connected to the network via fast ethernet.

Not showing as available on my Edge on v2.7 yet despite following instructions to the letter.

I can answer that. You need to request a new license key for HQP. I have tried entering the old key and whilst it recognised my name HQP stayed on ‘trial’ version.

1 Like

Nick. Here is my take on versions.

Re HQPlayer version. 4.26.2 was released to the repository at the same time as 3.1 was being upgraded. Early upgraders will have 4.26.0 or .1 while later may have 4.26.2. I was at 4.26.1 and then received 4.26.2. I will check my other player versions and report back. All where deleted and reinstalled as the upgrade scrolled past.

1 Like

Did any other upgraders from 2.8 notice that only update 3 was performed?

1 Like

@NickBacon @clive101 Here are the versions installed with the 3.1 update:

hqplayer 4.26.2

mpd 0.22.6

squeezelite 1.8.7

MPD is still my preferred for pggb.

@Progisus @clive101

Almost the same release versions here but not quite and which is still a bit of a mystery. Hopefully when the running around for the 3.1 upgrade has died down there will be a push of those updates to get us all on the same versions.

I have :
HQP Server 4.26.0
MPD Player 0.22.6
LMS on the server 8.3.0, Squeezelite on the Player 1.8.4

I want to revisit the PGGB vs Mscaler sound now that we have 3.1 and the more up to date apps but for the moment I am using the Mscaler for convenience and with that my favourite is Squeeze / Squeeze on the K50 taking USB output from the K50 to PhoenixUSB to SRC.DX to Mscaler via single BNC then dual BNC from the Mscaler to Dave. The K50 is sounding VERY nice though.

1 Like

Hi there, I was also on 2.8 (CX) and I had only one Update Process started by Mark, that was very fast Max 10 minutes

1 Like

Does anyone know when Roon updates start to go live…is it 12.00pm EST? This update is one I am keen on.

Roon update to my EX went perfectly. Tidal and Qobuz loading seems faster.

1 Like

I began the 3 stage update process on my CX from 2.7 but I’m currently stuck here at 2.8:

Any suggestions?

The Roon update has been successfully installed on my K30 running AMS 3.1. Seems fine but I haven’t done much with it yet.

2 Likes

@soundserge
follow the instructions here for remote access Remote Access Instructions