Upgrading AMSv3.1

“This seems like a mess, we should be able to get the update started at will, whenever we want it, not wait for some mysterious push through that may or may not happen for whatever reason”

It should be simple, and it is untidy out there. And that is what we are determined to fix in the update to v3.1. Some users did not respond to the opportunity of the 2019 upgrade, so they do not have the software code to be able to receive updates. Some users are still on v2.5 or older. Some are with ISPs that have failed to implement IPv6 correctly, which stops the type of communications that music servers need (and this affects third party apps like Roon, Plex etc too). And some decided they wanted to move to Sonicorbiter’s v2.8 rather than wait for Antipodes v3.1, so do not have the update code either, for obvious reasons.

The process we are going through here is designed to tidy this up, as much as we are allowed to. For those that do not get the update code after two nights of leaving your music servers booted up, it is likely that one of the reasons above applies, or we may find other reasons why your device or network has a problem enabling the required communications.

Once we get this sorted for each of you, we will be able to keep you all up to date with overnight pushes. And having all of you on the latest software at any time means we can look at introducing an ‘update on demand’ feature, for those that want the latest immediately.

Obviously we can’t do that for the many variations that are currently out there, which is why we have asked you to contact us if you have not received update code after two nights. It will require some manual intervention to solve the issues listed, but I imagine you will understand that it is better for everyone if we deal with the exceptions manually, rather than for all of the thousands of users individually. We have done several weeks of testing of the upgrade code with literally hundreds of upgrades done in different countries and different circumstances, so we know our upgrade code is solid. What we need to do is get to the point where the upgrade application within v3.1 is installed on as many music servers as we can get to, to provide you with the service you should be getting.

5 Likes

@antipodes “Some users did not respond to the opportunity of the 2019 upgrade”…and many users did not know that such an opportunity existed nor were they aware it would be a limitation in executing the 3.1 update.

Assuming Antipodes is now very busy rolling out and supporting 3.1 upgrades, how efficiently can the “2019” upgrade be implemented?

Hi James

Either way we need to log in remotely to do it, so we might as well force the update while we are there, rather than just enable an overnight upgrade.

At the time, the 2019 update was posted on the front page of the website, the contents of the update were described, and we sent a detailed notification to all distributors and customers on the mailing list. As I say, installing the 2019 update is the same amount of work as just forcing the upgrade, so we chose to deal with the exceptions where the upgrade does not turn up, as many users would not know whether the Antipodes they own now has had that 2019 update or not.

@antipodes I agree. I guess I’ll reach out to support and get the ball rolling

OK Team
I have a 5 hour window starting now, if you havent received the update notification and would like me to insert code in your server to receive the trigger, please follow the steps below to allow remote connection and send me your AnyDesk ID via email to support@antipodes.audio

https://antipodes.support/t/antipodes-remote-support/46/2

1 Like

I changed the clock on the ex and cx to various time zones. Started this morning in New York then moved west till eventually in Denver the system updated.

@MarkCole, Hello - I received the tool for the K50. I completed the three (3) steps for the server and then proceeded with the steps for the player. I got through 2 of 3 and the nothing. The network now recognizes the server, but not the player and I see no means to complete the 3 of 3 step for the player.

1 Like

AnyDesk invite email sent to you Mark. Thanks kindly!

Hi Mark

I ran into a couple of issues with the upgrade on my K50. The server upgraded successfully, but it no longer appears within MyAntipodes - although it does show up on the local network and I have Roon working (although I think I may need to restore my database). I’m not using IPv6.

The second issue is that I saw the upgrade for the player before following the reboot instruction and the message to upgrade has now disappeared, meaning I have the player running v3.0 and the server running v3.1.

Can you help?! :slight_smile:

Hello
S30 + K50 updated without problem. 2h30 necessary. The only drawback is the need to rebuild the roon library (with the database backup, no loss - perhaps due to the name change of the server?). Well done to the kiwis!
Music, music, music tomorrow!
bruno (Aix en Provence France)

1 Like

Hi
CX has not received the file whilst the EX has.
AnyDesk details emailed through.

I’ve also sent through the details of a machine running AnyDesk, if you have time to enable the upgrade for the player in my K50.

Many thanks
Jeremy

Edit: I’m not sure whether you managed to change something in the meantime, but I rebooted the K50 a third time and the update for the player showed up :slight_smile:

Further edit: Updating the player has resolved the issue of the server not showing up :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks to @MarkCole, I was able to update my K30 - both server and player. I am thankful to those who ran the update and posted their findings. Everything went smoothly but as expected, I am having to restore Roon from backup. I also had to request a new HQPlayer license. Otherwise things are looking good.

2 Likes

Those of you on Safari for Mac will need to clear your cache. It’s possible to clear only the cache for the pages associated with the Antipodes setup. In the screenshot I have selected the IP addresses for both my player and server. After removing these the new pages display just fine.

1 Like

I have the same issue too. Both my CX and EX are stuck at stage 2 and stage 3 just not executing the upgrade run. Wonder why that’s the case.

@kennyb123 Glad you got updated. I have also sent a request for a new HQP license. Can you ping a note here when you get yours so we know Jussi is issuing them?

@MarkCole Can I ask a question please about the automatic updating of Server and Player apps with 3.1. Is this automatic in the sense that as soon as the developer issues an update we get it automatically rolled out over air the next overnight session or do we have to wait for Antipodes to manually release it for roll out?

I ask because whilst some 3.1 app versions are quite close to the current version (HQP with 3.1 for instance is version 4.26.0 and the latest is 4.26.2) but others are somewhat behind eg Squeezelite player.

Absolutely. Please do the same.

1 Like

I just checked my HQP version and it is 4.26.2 after the 3.1 update…