Upgrading AMSv3.1

For me it was the latest after the update, I.e… no subsequent overnight update,

Which is interesting as to why we have different versions of HQP . . . . . Hopefully Mark will clarify.

@NickBacon
If I can go back to what has already been said, the whole reason we are bringing everyone together to the same software version is so that we can push updates out for everyone, quickly and efficiently while not having to try and support 5 different OS systems.
We are two days into this project, some people aren’t updated to 3.1 yet.
We won’t be releasing software by 3rd parties directly into our software suite without testing, I think everyone can agree that, that is a good idea.
So, once we have everything tied away with 3.1 we can move forward with push updates, until then everyone is just going to have to chill.

4 Likes

@MarkCole Thanks as ever. You have worked wonders in helping people with the 3.1 roll out.

Don’t panic, all is chilled. It just seemed odd that some have the 4.26.0 version of HQP with their 3.1 update and others have 4.26.2. Thats all and if nothing else it might be something you would want to be aware of. :+1:

1 Like

Since the upgrade, on “MyAntipodes” I have two servers, no players (K50). I vaguely remember being able to set up as player or server but I can’t find that just now, any tips?

@Tintin
Can you please reach out to me via email at support@antipodes.audio
With a screenshot of your myantipodes home.
Also please follow the instructions here to allow remote support Antipodes Remote Support

After the 3.1 update I have HQP 4.26.0

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Everything went well with the update on my K50 until the last 2/3 step. When I rebooted, it got stuck in a “beep pieppiep” modus. The green light is hereby continuously on, but unit fails to appear in my server and keeps on giving these irritating beeps. Rebooted a few times, even a hard on/off, but problem remains the same.

Please help!

Hi Mark < I also have the same problem as JJJS(I have a s40) .
What should we do ?
AT

I’ve booked a support slot for tonight (uk time) to try and get it fixed. I’ll post the solution, if we get one!

To add some information: just looked into the information on my router and the K50 is indicated to be connected (however, it does not appear online in the browsers).

Missed the window, sent an access code when your able

I tried last night to move to 3.1 and I think I got there part of the way. The server now indicates 3.1 but the player still shows 3.0. When I try to press the ‘Manage’ button, the player configuration page can’t be reached.

Certainly related but the Roon server can’t be reached either.

Any idea on how I can re-start the upgrade process for the player? I tried the IP address/upgrade and that does not do the trick.

Thanks in advance

I had this problem after upgrading my EX. The laptop I was connecting from lost the internet connection completely for some reason and I had to reboot my router to get it back.

@antipodes - I was in email contact with @MarkCole yesterday evening (via support@antipodes.audio) but missed him and was unable to get him to insert code in my Antipodes CORE and EX which are currently on version 2.8, so I can receive the trigger to upgrade to 3.1… How do I go about coordinating time with someone to get this completed today, if possible?

Should I send another email to support@antipodes.audio to coordinate a time to have the trigger installed?

Dear Mark/Antipodes Team,

I just upgraded my EX to AMS3.1. This went smoothly and without any problems. The process was completed within an hour, after which I loaded the backup of my Roon Core and everything works sublime again.

I would like to complement and thank you for your efforts over the past period. I am very fortunate to be an Antipodes owner. In my opinion the best sounding Roon Cores and according to what has been seen in recent weeks, excellent service from a committed team. Keep it up!

Awaiting the Roon update next week…

Kind regards from the other side of the globe (The Netherlands),

Edwin

4 Likes

Kudos to Antipodes and especially Mark Cole for a clearly written set of instructions taking me through the update successfully on K50. The settings were changed but Mark fixed all these quickly for me working on NZ Sunday. THANKS

2 Likes

i have upgraded my antipodesEX to 3.1.
all went smooth.
dashboard is visible and stable (even with IPv6 on)
but whenever i try to login via Roon Remote (I do see the new core as “green”), i am requested to re-enter email/password for roon.
this is not successful:
Unexpected error: InvalidRemoteData or
network error

any hints how to solve that?
thanks in advance!

(i tried to access the Roon Core via Ethernet and Wifi - same result)

1 Like

@Stu
Please follow the instructions below for remote access
Remote Access Instructions

Hi Antipodes Support,
My CX is always on, but it has not received the update script (yet). I followed the instructions to the letter but the update is not received. I have downloaded AnyDesk as indicated.
I tried the software update with and without reboot (that is, the default software update that should bring the CX in a state to allow the update).

Timezone: Europe/Amsterdam.