Upgrading AMSv3.1

AnyDesk invite email sent to you Mark. Thanks kindly!

Hi Mark

I ran into a couple of issues with the upgrade on my K50. The server upgraded successfully, but it no longer appears within MyAntipodes - although it does show up on the local network and I have Roon working (although I think I may need to restore my database). Iā€™m not using IPv6.

The second issue is that I saw the upgrade for the player before following the reboot instruction and the message to upgrade has now disappeared, meaning I have the player running v3.0 and the server running v3.1.

Can you help?! :slight_smile:

Hello
S30 + K50 updated without problem. 2h30 necessary. The only drawback is the need to rebuild the roon library (with the database backup, no loss - perhaps due to the name change of the server?). Well done to the kiwis!
Music, music, music tomorrow!
bruno (Aix en Provence France)

1 Like

Hi
CX has not received the file whilst the EX has.
AnyDesk details emailed through.

Iā€™ve also sent through the details of a machine running AnyDesk, if you have time to enable the upgrade for the player in my K50.

Many thanks
Jeremy

Edit: Iā€™m not sure whether you managed to change something in the meantime, but I rebooted the K50 a third time and the update for the player showed up :slight_smile:

Further edit: Updating the player has resolved the issue of the server not showing up :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks to @MarkCole, I was able to update my K30 - both server and player. I am thankful to those who ran the update and posted their findings. Everything went smoothly but as expected, I am having to restore Roon from backup. I also had to request a new HQPlayer license. Otherwise things are looking good.

2 Likes

Those of you on Safari for Mac will need to clear your cache. Itā€™s possible to clear only the cache for the pages associated with the Antipodes setup. In the screenshot I have selected the IP addresses for both my player and server. After removing these the new pages display just fine.

1 Like

I have the same issue too. Both my CX and EX are stuck at stage 2 and stage 3 just not executing the upgrade run. Wonder why thatā€™s the case.

@kennyb123 Glad you got updated. I have also sent a request for a new HQP license. Can you ping a note here when you get yours so we know Jussi is issuing them?

@MarkCole Can I ask a question please about the automatic updating of Server and Player apps with 3.1. Is this automatic in the sense that as soon as the developer issues an update we get it automatically rolled out over air the next overnight session or do we have to wait for Antipodes to manually release it for roll out?

I ask because whilst some 3.1 app versions are quite close to the current version (HQP with 3.1 for instance is version 4.26.0 and the latest is 4.26.2) but others are somewhat behind eg Squeezelite player.

Absolutely. Please do the same.

1 Like

I just checked my HQP version and it is 4.26.2 after the 3.1 updateā€¦

I have just rechecked and have also restarted my K50. Mine is definitely on HQP version 4.26.0.

@MarkCole Should the latest version have been pushed to my K50 overnight?

For me it was the latest after the update, I.eā€¦ no subsequent overnight update,

Which is interesting as to why we have different versions of HQP . . . . . Hopefully Mark will clarify.

@NickBacon
If I can go back to what has already been said, the whole reason we are bringing everyone together to the same software version is so that we can push updates out for everyone, quickly and efficiently while not having to try and support 5 different OS systems.
We are two days into this project, some people arenā€™t updated to 3.1 yet.
We wonā€™t be releasing software by 3rd parties directly into our software suite without testing, I think everyone can agree that, that is a good idea.
So, once we have everything tied away with 3.1 we can move forward with push updates, until then everyone is just going to have to chill.

4 Likes

@MarkCole Thanks as ever. You have worked wonders in helping people with the 3.1 roll out.

Donā€™t panic, all is chilled. It just seemed odd that some have the 4.26.0 version of HQP with their 3.1 update and others have 4.26.2. Thats all and if nothing else it might be something you would want to be aware of. :+1:

1 Like

Since the upgrade, on ā€œMyAntipodesā€ I have two servers, no players (K50). I vaguely remember being able to set up as player or server but I canā€™t find that just now, any tips?

@Tintin
Can you please reach out to me via email at support@antipodes.audio
With a screenshot of your myantipodes home.
Also please follow the instructions here to allow remote support Antipodes Remote Support

After the 3.1 update I have HQP 4.26.0

1 Like