Upgrading AMSv3.1

All good, worth a shot regardless. :wink:

td19 has noted it may be a 3.1 issue. Looking forward to the auto updates if that be the case.

Perhaps @antipodes can comment if release notes will be shared in some manner as updates start to roll out that enable features / fix bugs / etc. This would, in my case, prevent having to check daily to see if Native DSD works, (if it is a 3.1 issue that is).

Interestingly, my screen for various DACsā€“Mola-Mola in Makua (using Roon Ready RJ45 or USB using Antipodes Player) , PS Audio DirectStream (I2S), and Lumin X1 (Network) do not show some of the info kennyb123 does in his screenshot; all start at MQA Capabilities and do not reflect DSD Playback Strategy, Exclusive Mode, nor Private Zone. The Makua and PS Audio, however, do their own conversion within the DACs and my Lumin X1 can do DSD, but currently am using Leedh Processing, which, I believe, does convert to PCM. I have not been using Roon to convert for quite some time and do not recall what this screen showed then. I had tried it with another DAC then, Vinnie Rossi, and preferred native rate.

Might not be a bad time to trial HQPlayer integrated with Roon. It seems as if native DSD is working for me.

In Roon Player diagnostic you should see:

No, different to that original problem.

1 Like

Havenā€™t really poked around with HQ player. My initial understanding was that it required use of another PC to be able to work. If thatā€™s no longer the case, might have to check it out

Roger Roger. Thanks! :+1:

@MarkCole @all_CX users. In the AMS3.0 (amsv3-guide) instruction PDF, it mentions the front power/status LED can be switch off. Is this relevant to EX/CX AMS devises too?

Sorry, I missed this one. Thanks @Windyb. In my case Native DSD is not depicted in Roon Player diagnostic. The DAC is definitely Native DSD capable. Will leave in the good hands of the folks at Antipodes.

Completed the update on K50. Listened to music for a few hours using Squeeze as both Server and Player. However, ran into an issue the next day - The Player dashboard is up on MyAntipodes page, however the Squeze control app says that thereā€™s no player. I do not wish to switch to Roon as I prefer Squezeā€™s sound. Tried to reinstall Squeeze to no avail. Also tried USB connection - that didnā€™t work either. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Odd that Output on the Player page shows only ā€œDigital Audioā€. I would think that weā€™d see the name of your DAC here. Maybe your K50 isnā€™t seeing your DAC. Have you tried power cycling both K50 and your DAC?

I think thatā€™s how it always has been. I have two DACs and never saw their names here. Two more pics, one with USB active.

Does Squeeze now work with the XMOS option enabled? What struck me in your previous screenshot was that Digital Output wasnā€™t highlighted (orange). I would think that at least one option needs to be selected, even if there is only one option.

No, it doesnā€™t. And it makes no difference whether itā€™s orange either - all I have to do is click on it when thereā€™s only AES EBU cable plugged in

Ah so ā€œdigital outputā€ is via the reclocker. I donā€™t have that option on my K30 so it confused me. Sorry I couldnā€™t help.

If the Output isnt highlighted and saved, no Player will be available.

1 Like

Have done thatā€¦ Didnā€™t help.
Did it with both USB and AES EBU.
Also, like I said, it was all fine the night beforeā€¦and then just refused to work the next morning.

@subdusted
So this is with Squeeze? Have you tried re-starting Squeeze Server? and/or Squeezelite via the dashboards?
Happy to remote in for a look
Antipodes Remote Support Instructions

@antipodes
I am experiencing the same kind of issue with my S40/EX for not able to play, natively, DSD file. I have got a Mytek DAC (Brooklyn Bridge) with the latest firmware. Obviously I am at AMS v3.1 on my Antipodes units. Even if I select, under My Antipodes panel (player dashboard), the proper player/output/DSD support i.e. Roon / USB Audio - Mytek / Native DSD NEVER I am able to see DSD options rate or play DSD file. In Roon core, I am just seeing PCM sample rates (may MAX is 368kā€¦which is ok for the specs of my DAC).

Of course I am able to play music letting the player downsampling/going to PCM or changing the setup ov my player to use DoP (DSD oves PCM).

Just to let the support team knows.
I am wondering when can we expect to overnight patches/fixes rolled out ? 1 week, 1 month ???

Greetings

1 Like

@GLED
@desbiss
We have located the DSD ā€œbugā€ fix by the end of the week.

4 Likes